Support

Open search

S7 bluetooth won't turn on since upgrade.

First Poster

Since a recent upgrade to oreo my Bluetooth refuses to switch on - the slider moves to the on position but stays grey.  Have tried reboot, clearing the Bluetooth cache, wiping the phone cache all to no avail.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Navigator
Hi there.
Sounds like you`ll need to do a back up and FDR.
First Poster
Thanks! Was trying to avoid that option!
AndrewL Moderator
@Marion15, I'd recommend rebooting your phone in Safe Mode first of all and attempting to use Bluetooth while in this mode. This disables third party applications to help determine whether the problem is stemming from an external source. Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the phone logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
First Poster
Tried booting in safe mode and still no Bluetooth...
First Poster
I'm having the same problem!
First Poster

... I factory reset my phone and it STILL isn't working 

Highlighted
CarolinaW Moderator

Hey @PurplePfeiffer! If a factory data reset has not solved the issue, then I'd recommend visiting one of our Support Centres for further assistance from our engineers. It is a drop in service and they will aim to inspect/repair your phone in the same visit. For your nearest one, head to: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one nearby? 

Top Liked Authors