Support

Open search

S7 Battery Draining

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

A few weeks ago my battery started lasting for about 20 hours +.  I was delighted!  After the last Software Update, it has dropped by a few hours.  O2 say let the battery drain fully and charge fully.  Samsung say charge battery at 20% by 50% !  Any ideas gratefully received!  Thank You!  😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

How a battery is charged is up to the owner but my preference is to not let it drop below 15% @Debs

Some also say not to charge above 80% or let it reach 100% however I've not had any issues with my phones letting them get to 100%

In regards to the battery is anything showing in your battery stats that showing as using it.

Can you screenshot the stats page and upload it here.

If your network signal has degraded that can use more battery too.

As you've performed a software update it can take a few days after that update to settle down.

If your past a few days then I'd suggest the following.

1. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it.
  2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working. If battery improves in Safe Mode then one or more of your apps haven't optimised after the update. Check for any updates in your Playstore. If no updates exist then come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time. If you can isolate the rogue app then you could let the developer know which is typically via the app.
  3. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and delete the cache files. This won't delete any of your own info.
  4. As a very last resort back up and remove any Sd card and factory reset.
  5. Seek a diagnostic test via a Samsung Service Centre.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

How a battery is charged is up to the owner but my preference is to not let it drop below 15% @Debs

Some also say not to charge above 80% or let it reach 100% however I've not had any issues with my phones letting them get to 100%

In regards to the battery is anything showing in your battery stats that showing as using it.

Can you screenshot the stats page and upload it here.

If your network signal has degraded that can use more battery too.

As you've performed a software update it can take a few days after that update to settle down.

If your past a few days then I'd suggest the following.

1. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it.
  2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working. If battery improves in Safe Mode then one or more of your apps haven't optimised after the update. Check for any updates in your Playstore. If no updates exist then come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time. If you can isolate the rogue app then you could let the developer know which is typically via the app.
  3. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and delete the cache files. This won't delete any of your own info.
  4. As a very last resort back up and remove any Sd card and factory reset.
  5. Seek a diagnostic test via a Samsung Service Centre.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I wish to thank Superuser B of B for the advice he gave me regarding my S7 battery!  All is now ok!  Thank You.  😁

Top Liked Authors