Support

Open search

S6 Edge constantly switching between open apps

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

My S6 edge has developed a fault such that when I have multiple apps open, and I am trying to type a message in say What’s App for example, the screen goes like the recent apps button has been pressed, and then constantly flicks through all the open apps. When doing this it the phone is impossible to use.

The phone hasn’t been dropped, damaged or in water or a puddle or anything else.

Any ideas why this is happening and a fix for it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok.

If your in Safe Mode and the issue has ceased then that points towards something you've downloaded such as an app.

Come out of Safe Mode when your happy to do so and start uninstalling your most recent apps one at a time.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

5 REPLIES
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sometimes moisture isn't created by direct contact with water it can be from heat suddenly in the phone and then cools creating droplets from weather conditions etc.

Perhaps Check the water sensor in the sim card slot.

If all looks ok then if this was my phone I would....

1. Complete any awaiting updates to the firmware and apps.

2. Soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

3. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones live which then if it stops indicates a rogue app is the issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps first one at a time until it stops.

4. If it does not stop in Safe Mode then Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses that takes you into the phones file system clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

5.. Back up and factory reset as a very final resort.

6. Seek a diagnostic via a Samsung Service Centre. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Thank you for your reply BoB.

I managed to capture a video of this fault happening. I could forward it to you if you would like to see it?

Superuser I
Superuser I

You're welcome @Hayballs

Please do try the suggestions one by one.

Yes please do upload the video here in your thread  

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

BoB,

Hopefully you will be able to see the video here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWyhvt1vdk

I've restarted my phone in safe mode and, (touch wood) it appears to be working OK this morning.

Regards

Hayballs

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok.

If your in Safe Mode and the issue has ceased then that points towards something you've downloaded such as an app.

Come out of Safe Mode when your happy to do so and start uninstalling your most recent apps one at a time.

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors