Model number SM-R760
Tizen version 18.104.22.168
Software version R760XXU2CRH1
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? 10 hours now, a hole day a week ago same Tizen version
How long have you had the watch? 12 mo
Do you use Always On screen? yes
Do you leave Location/GPS on? yes
Do you leave WiFi on? auto
My watch is back to normal = 30-50% left when I goe to bed. Change watch face to Sportish Elegant.
I use only a few apps and have not activated Samsung Health although I do use Steps. I have set my watch to auto dim. I also turn my watch Off overnight as it's not needed to be On then which will help with my usage times.
I'd like to try a quick poll/questionnaire on experiences of battery life on the S3...
As people only tend to report when there are issues, it would be interesting to hear from both sides of the fence, particularly if you have had no battery issues and owned the watch for more than a few months.
There are clearly a lot of reported cases of drain, but it's not obvious if this relates to the firmware version, hardware issues, installed apps, always-on, GPS/WiFi, usage, etc... There are quite a few who report no issues, but it's not always specified how long these have been used in earnest. My experience so far is I've needed to get a replacement of my watch only 2 weeks after buying from new, noticing that battery plummeted immediately after upgrading firmware so I'm currently holding off any updates until this is confirmed/fixed...
If you've had it repaired/replaced, a response per repair/replacement would be helpful.
Could you reply with the following:
- Model number (e.g. SM-R760)
- Tizen version (e.g. 22.214.171.124)
- Software version (e.g. R760XXU2CRC3)
- How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (e.g. 2.5 days+)
- How long have you had the watch? (e.g. 6 months from new / 3 months since last repair)
- Do you use Always On screen? (yes/no)
- Do you leave Location/GPS on? (yes/no)
- Do you leave WiFi on? (yes/no)
- Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage (e.g. use a lot of apps/custom watch faces, infrequent interaction, do a lot of exercise using GPS, serial number ??, when you bought the watch...)
As I was not satisified with the result I got after replacing the battery I put my watch on a shelf and did not use it anymore. Then after approx. 4 month I decided to check the situation with the battery again. I was quite surprised as I could use the watch for 3 or more days without recharging. As I haven't changed anything I have no answer why this happened. In any case I'm quite satisfied with my Gear S3 for the moment.