Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S view after oreo update

(Topic created on: 05-05-2018 08:53 PM)
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else not able to make calls or take photos whilst using the s view cover after updating to oreo?  

It was really useful to be able to take photos with the cover closed and have a small screen to view the picture. After this update my 20 quid phone cover is pretty useless. How do you downgrade??

71 REPLIES 71
Mike56
Apprentice
Options

Samsung have really screwed up here. My expensive Samsung cover has been rendered useless by the latest update. Fix this quickly or it’s Apple here I come - you *****s!!

Mike56
Apprentice
Options
Same problem - Samsung and or Google have dropped the ball with the latest update!!
Mike56
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. What screw up by Samsung and Google. Please fix it quickly. Or I want my money back!!!

PhilBack
Student
Options

Same problem here. Very very disappointing from Samsung.

S View is what makes those devices unique and removing the feature just makes the device "just another android". I hope they fix it.

Craciun97
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I've updated to Oreo on my S7 and the S-View cover looks strange when the phone is locked( is  there anyone with this problem?). When is unlocked and i close the cover looks normal( just the s-view window turned on), and the notifications, quick settings bar , and shortcuts for phone and camera app is no longer there. I hope Samsung would resolve that promlem soon.
LockedLockedUnlockedUnlocked

0 Likes
Kumikazi
Student
Options

@mikimichaelmixa wrote:

I am really frustrated too. I loved my s-view possibilities. I cann't understand why even at these grand companies doesn't always prevails the pure logic. They had a genius feature and instead of upgrading it, they deleted it, without even mentioning it anywhere. What is then the purpose of s-view cases ? To see just this *****ty and inconvenient clock? I hope they are already preparing a new update. That was really an irrational apple-like move. Please, if anyone hearing, get serious....

Ditto, my thoughts exactly Samsung... BRING BACK THE FULL S-VIEW FUNCTIONALITY, AND DON'T MESS WITH IT AGAIN !!!

0 Likes
Kumikazi
Student
Options

@rokoko wrote:

After I lost my patience to wait for Samsung to do something, I decided to do the Downgrade.

There is enough information on how to do this (“Downgrade from Android 8.0 ROM to Official Android 7.0 Firmware – Easy”).

IMPORTANT: Be sure to back up everything in your samsung account (cloud). After installing Android 7.0, it takes about 2 hours to recover.

Believe me - it's worth it!

Now my S7 S-view cover works with all its functions!

I wish success to everyone!

PS: I will wait until I read that there is a new firmware (8.0 ....), where S7 S-view cover work and then I will update.

Yes!!!! Thank you!! 😁 I thought i was stuck with this sh*t forever, or until Samsung decided to wise up

0 Likes
PhilBack
Student
Options

Oreo has plenty of good stuff, I want S-View there.

Samsung should get this fixed...

In the meantime I have been back to the ClearView cover.

0 Likes
bitstream71
Explorer
Options

I have made a small video showing the problems with android 8.0 and the S view cover.
In addition the video shows the problem with the applications passed to the sd card and the last update of Samsung Experience 9.0.10.76

https://youtu.be/rNNtNjEGsmk

Regards!!!

0 Likes
Technics83
Journeyman
Options

The shortcuts and notifications in the S View window are features from that cover. With the removal of these features in Oreo 8.0, the S View Cover doesn't work like intended anymore, and this is a fraud.

I only want to know whether there will be a fix or not. I really dislike to downgrade my Android to get these things back.

0 Likes