Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S view after oreo update

(Topic created on: 07-07-2018 04:40 PM)
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else not able to make calls or take photos whilst using the s view cover after updating to oreo?  

It was really useful to be able to take photos with the cover closed and have a small screen to view the picture. After this update my 20 quid phone cover is pretty useless. How do you downgrade??

71 REPLIES 71
rokoko
Student
Options

Same problem here after installing Oreo.
Unfortunately... :mansad:

0 Likes
Graviphoton
First Poster
Options

Oreo update gave to us new system features but also took almost all S View Cover funcionality. I used it everyday - my phone lay on the working desk with computer and through its cover window I checked and cleared notifications without opening the case. I was calling to my family members. It was quick and convenient.

I am not disappointed.. I am angry. Now S View is practically useless.

Por2gal
Journeyman
Options

i use to have a picture showing on my s view, but now its just a clock. 

i did all that Apprentice

has said on this post. 

but the always on display is a nuisance at this point.  + 'always on display'  continuously stops.

If I try to change these settings I'm left with nothing showing except the status bar in s view.

and can someone tell me what this icon is showing on my status bar without my permission since the new update.

Ive had no response from SamsungScreenshot_20180627-191119_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Angel2907
Apprentice
Options

I got the same issue and dont like the little icons tht appear on there now instead of ur message or another detail ie email, footy scores etc. Regretting doing the update at mo

Por2gal
Journeyman
Options

have had contact with samsung on facebook, who suggested a back up of my phone and a complete reset. 

it brought back my window wallpaper but not the icons for direct calling and camera. 

0 Likes
Petersea
Apprentice
Options

Just backed up and did factory reset on my phone and guess what after all the messing about no different complete waste of time, should not have bothered as I did a reset when the trouble first appeared.

I did email the Samsung CEO of UK and Ireland but to no avail maybe I will write to head office in Korea see what they have to say.

stekelegel
Apprentice
Options

Just a heads up.

There is also a topic about this on the Dutch forums. Over there a moderator replied that he passed in onto the Samsung Research and Development team to look into it and possible fix it with an update. 

Havent heard anything since. But there atleast Samsung is aware of the problem and looking into it.

0 Likes
Por2gal
Journeyman
Options

i also contacted samsung in my country but was told that they would call me back or try a samsung diagnostic technician located in one of the shopping malls to look at my phone :womanfrustrated:

so....

i contacted Samsung on Facebook. I got an immediate reply :womanhappy:

https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/

0 Likes
AussieRade
First Poster
Options

If this is not fixed soon I am moving back to Apple Platform.

Svetik
First Poster
Options

I also seriously thinks about moving to another manufacturer. After the Oreo update, the S View cover really became useless. That cover isn’t very expensive, but now it’s wasted money. And the fact that Samsung does nothing to fix the problem, says that they don’t really care about us (customers).