Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S view after oreo update

(Topic created on: 05-05-2018 08:53 PM)
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else not able to make calls or take photos whilst using the s view cover after updating to oreo?  

It was really useful to be able to take photos with the cover closed and have a small screen to view the picture. After this update my 20 quid phone cover is pretty useless. How do you downgrade??

71 REPLIES 71
Petersea
Apprentice
Options

Same here, I only bought the phone and cover a couple of weeks ago. The main reason I bought this was because it stated that you can take photos and make calls without opening the cover. Just wasted my money. They are still advertising the S View cover on the Samsung web site as one advantage of being able to take photos etc without opening the cover. I feel like I have been conned.   I have contacted Samsung and asked them if they are going to correct this fault or give me a refund for the cover. If not when I replace my 2 X Samsung tablets latter this year I will certainly not be getting anything by Samsung

Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Let me know how you get on. I bought my case from Amazon and they are replacing it  but not til next month as it's out of stock. I think it may be a software update issue tho 

NWB
First Poster
Options

@Grantwyllie wrote:

Let me know how you get on. I bought my case from Amazon and they are replacing it  but not til next month as it's out of stock. I think it may be a software update issue tho 

Hi Grant. My S View was working perfectly up yo update on Saturday the 5th. Now all I get is date time. I can answer calls but where previous  I had main  contacts, camera  etc now there is no way to add. Has to be software update problem but where to go from here?

VirtuousJ
First Poster
Options

I'd also like to express my frustration with the new update. I've got an official S-view case for my S7 edge and I used to be able to access the notification menu from the s-view window, but this has now been disabled. This was very useful when changing the phone profile (vibrate/silent) and accessing features such as the flashlight. I also miss be able to take quick pictures without opening the case.

Hopefully samsung issues an update to rectify these issues, as the s-view case has been rendered useless!

stekelegel
Apprentice
Options

Having the exact same problems on my a5 2017. Find it very annoying because i used both the notification center and camera quite a lot through this screen. Hope it is indeed a fault and will be fixed soon. Otherwise i have a useless case aswell.

Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

I'm with you there. It seems that the s view app has been removed......

mikimichaelmixa
First Poster
Options

I am really frustrated too. I loved my s-view possibilities. I cann't understand why even at these grand companies doesn't always prevails the pure logic. They had a genius feature and instead of upgrading it, they deleted it, without even mentioning it anywhere. What is then the purpose of s-view cases ? To see just this *****ty and inconvenient clock? I hope they are already preparing a new update. That was really an irrational apple-like move. Please, if anyone hearing, get serious....

ilic77
First Poster
Options
Me too same problem on a5 2017.
Samsung should do something about this problem.
Martin28
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues after updating my S7 to Oreo today. Camera button disappeared from S-View. Samsung, please fix this! I was loving my S-View cover before this...