Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play Store apps not optimised for your device?!

(Topic created on: 25-11-2017 11:44 AM)
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi Folks,

I keep getting the message 'This app may not be optimised for your device' for various apps on Google Play Store. I have contacted Google about this but not yet had a reply. I have a Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T713) and it is running Android 7.0. An example app is OneSync by MetaCtrl. But if I visit the same app in Play Store using a Nexus 5 device, the message does not appear. The Nexus 5 is running Android 6.0.1. I have tried other things, which would suggest this is not related to Android version. So, that implies that it may be device related. Is anyone else seeing this when using Play Store? 

Thanks in advance.

49 REPLIES 49
steevxx
Explorer
Options

Oh my god... are u serious?!

Almost every single worthless google play store app says it may not be optomised bla bla bla...

I cant get a single one to work its useless i wish i had never updated my tablet to android 7.

I hope those pricks figure out how to make thiings work or im gona have to just throw away my samsung tablet... stupid waste of money.

LPB
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with Galaxy Tab A. 

DTX
First Poster
Options

Glad to have found this thread. I get same optimization message now in many apps in play store on this tablet with Android 4.2 system.  Also many apps that I tried lately do not rotate. They stay stuck in ugly potrait mode.   Also my battery widget stopped updating to current reading until I tapped on the widget. Other reviews in this widget and other battery widget say they experiencing same issue.  I wonder what change was made to what software that causing these messages to appear.   Need to find out what is causing the optimization message to appear.

I also have a Galaxy tab2 7".  I cannot find any optimization messages in the play store yet. It uses Android 4.1.1 system.   I recently did a factory reset on it.  So perhaps something in the system was updated during that time.  I still find apps with no rotate.

0 Likes
gloriax
First Poster
Options

Hello,

When trying to install an app, I get the message "This app may not be optimized for your device."

This message happened after a factory reset.  My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy tab A TM-350.  How do I fix the problem?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Jeffrey794
Journeyman
Options

Hello, same problem, however it worked for 9 months and now stopped, so uninstalled & installed but message as others 'this app may not......' my problem is with AMEX app, with Galaxy Tab A Android 7 Nougat,  also on new Lenovo with nougat 7. Any help would be really appreciated,  many thanks 

0 Likes
AMello8387
Student
Options

Hello, I also have the same issue with particular apps from time to time. It is mainly Mobdro, it will rotate around into portrait mode when I'm normally using landscape mode for my TV. It is super aggravating, but maybe somehow this issue can be resolved soon enough.

Ashley Nicole Mello
0 Likes
Jeffrey794
Journeyman
Options

I think this is the solution/problem: when an App says ' not optimized' etc etc the reason is the screen zoom is too small, when I set my zoom on 'large' the Amex app works perfectly, but on medium it fails to work - only found this out by trial & error.... the font size makes no difference so can be adjusted to taste..... Hope this helps 

Charley44
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a Galaxy Tab A, mainly for apps. In Facebook I get stuck in the comments box, if I delete an email in the email app, it crashes out of the app. I have downloaded another app but I can't sign in, this shows the 'not optimised for your device' in Google Play. I feel I have wasted my money.

0 Likes
Jeffrey794
Journeyman
Options

Hi Charlie, don't think I'm necessarily qualified to answer/help, I had an issue with the AMEX App, but solved it by trial and error with different optimization settings, it works perfectly now but at one point disheartened. Also when I first had my Samsung I would have gladly returned it during the first 48+ hours, but now I wouldn't part with it - a really good tablet with some great features - now very pleased. As with all computers/tablet, it's all self taught! Any issues I have solved have been helped over the internet. Sorry don't do facebook, but I'm sure someone somewhere can help. Good luck, persevere.... Jeffrey 

Charley44
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply, does optimisation mean going into settings and fiddling with the battery and memory settings? Or is there another area to do this?

0 Likes