Support

Open search

Phone names have disappeared after software update

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I just did a software update on my Samsung S6 Edge plus but have lost some contacts and some names have disappeared.

How can I get them back. Problem is not backed up Samsung back up

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Nashville

To begin with please open the Contacts app, tap the 3 dots in top right corner and select 'Settings > Contacts to Display > All Contacts'. Depending on how the contacts were originally imported onto the device you can also to Contacts > 3 Dots > Manage Contacts > Import/Export > Import Contacts, and choose the relevant location (if applicable). If you had them synced with your Google account then I'd also recommend going to to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Google > Sync Contacts. Let us know how you get on.
2 REPLIES
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Nashville

To begin with please open the Contacts app, tap the 3 dots in top right corner and select 'Settings > Contacts to Display > All Contacts'. Depending on how the contacts were originally imported onto the device you can also to Contacts > 3 Dots > Manage Contacts > Import/Export > Import Contacts, and choose the relevant location (if applicable). If you had them synced with your Google account then I'd also recommend going to to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Google > Sync Contacts. Let us know how you get on.
First Poster
AndrewL, Thank You Very Much.
Back on track. 👍

Top Liked Authors