Support

Open search

Phone malfunctioning

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

My 2 years contract on my S7e finished around 3 months ago and I have since done a sim only contract. My phone has now start to malfunction. I didn't drop it in water or anything, doesn't even have a crack so no its not from physical abuse. It started with an abnoxiously loud buzzing noise, then to glitch at top of screen, to random freezes, to reboot loop (samsung start up logo -> pw in -> key unlocking -> REPEAT). I know it because of an update. It just has to be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Just an update. I spoke to like 5 samsung/MTR/wefix people. It will cost a lot to repair my phone that I might as well get a new one whilst using this as a trade in. My phone froze and rebooted itself 4 times during the initial set up after a factory reset XD. It keeps making me start set up all over again. Its that bad.

I guess its kind of sorta resolved (new phone). Thanks for the help.

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @Purplish.

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Apps > Settings > About device > Software update. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Apprentice

I've been doing soft reset all this time. Literally right now I when I got notification, unlocked with fingerprint, dragged down notification bar and phone just froze. And now its doing a reboot loop so I did soft reset. Will check update in a bit

ChrisM Moderator

No problem. Let us know how you get on @Purplish.

Apprentice

Screenshot_20190216-154043_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190216-154047_Settings.jpg

ChrisM Moderator

Seems like you're up to date, @Purplish.

Can you try using your phone in safe mode? To do this, turn off the phone > After a few seconds, turn on the phone > When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. When the lock screen displays, 'Safe mode' will be shown in the lower-left corner of the screen. Please monitor this for a few hours and let us know if this makes any difference. To exit Safe mode press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Apprentice

It rebooted 2x in the process of this. It rebooted when it was drawing the samsung logo, I went into safe mode put password in, key started opening froze on that, rebooted and went off safe mode by itself.

And now its looping once it gets to key unlocking.

Apprentice

Few tries and now I'm in safe mode. Will update if it does it again. Thanks.

ChrisM Moderator

No problem!

Apprentice

So my phone has rebooted twice in safe mode now. One from opening skype, other time from opening samsung pay. It probably would have happened earlier/more frequently if I was using my phone. 

It makes 0 sense. I put password in (need it to start up phone) don't touch it once it fully loads, its on my home page 10 sec later without interracting with my phone it just reboots itself.

Top Liked Authors