Support

Open search

Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

Highlighted
SOLVED
Explorer

Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

I have seen a lot of post on various sites stating that the oreo beta update program starts on the 31st of October, what I want to know is how do I sign up for the program, and where, as these various sites have said you need to go onto the galaxy app store and download the beta up, I've tried this and can not find it anywhere, if anyone has any idea please help.

Thank you in advance 

PF
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Re: Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

Oreo 8.0 is out for Google Phones but not for Samsung Phones yet.

I believe the question here is, about the beta program which Samsusn runs for their version of android 8.0. Last year I signed up using the Samsung Members app, there was then a app on Galaxy apps for beta to install. 

I can't find any details yet on their program, from the articles I read it said October 31st it would start, so we have to wait and see.

225 REPLIES
Black Belt 

I’ll take a look too but isn’t Oreo Android 8.0 out of Beta and being pushed out to phones ?

8.1 is in Beta. 

I’m just awaiting for Samsung to push it out to my phone. 

Current Phone ~ S8 Model: SM-G950F. CsC:BTU.

Explorer

I've read that oreo beta program like last years s7 nougat beta program will start 31st of October, or early november and continue up until a stable release  in early 2018. So I am hoping that the beta program will be released in the uk

PF
Apprentice

I'm not holding my breath for beta Samsung should take a leaf out of Apple's books beta available for all networks not just a couple of networks and selected countries I'm in uk so going to miss out what a disappointment for such a large company so slow.
Explorer

OK so it will not be released in the uk did not no that, sounds pretty poor to me as you said for a. Company that large you would think they could do better. 

PF
First Poster

Oreo 8.0 is out for Google Phones but not for Samsung Phones yet.

I believe the question here is, about the beta program which Samsusn runs for their version of android 8.0. Last year I signed up using the Samsung Members app, there was then a app on Galaxy apps for beta to install. 

I can't find any details yet on their program, from the articles I read it said October 31st it would start, so we have to wait and see.

Black Belt 

Ok @hmsq

Like you I've not seen anything officially from Samsung about Beta Testing. 

As this is my go to daily driver personally I'm deciding to not download Beta on my s8 but fully apprecaite some will.

And I respect them for beta testing.  

Current Phone ~ S8 Model: SM-G950F. CsC:BTU.

Explorer

I think you have given me the info I was trying to look for brilliant, I'll just wait till the 31st and see what happens, thank you

👍

PF
First Poster

Just read on Sammobile that the oreo beta program will be unreleased In the U K for GalaxyS8 but can't find out yet how to sign up.

Explorer

Samsung need to get on top of the updates and get with the times. Other devices have it 

Top Liked Authors