Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 screen scratches with screen pen

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 11:23 AM)
Morty007
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Was cleaning my screen today on my note 8 and noticed that it's covered in small scratches the focus of which appears to be the bottom half which is obviously the most common part I use.This time the fone was switched off hence I noticed the damage.  I couldn't believe my eyes how in the hell can an s pen be scratching the glass. A £1000 phone that can't handle what's its designed for. Anyone else had this problem. Will be dropping Samsung a line as this is no good. Fone is kept in a cover at all times and cleaned with my Zeiss lens wipes for camera. 

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thats not good @Morty007

Im wondering if its the olephobic coating thats worn away. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
alal
Pathfinder
Options

Not good, not good at all!

Let me know what Samsung says. Was thinking of taking the screen protector off, but not after reading this.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What type of screen protector is fitted ?

How's the S-Pen with it @alal

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
alal
Pathfinder
Options

Works like a charm. No issues at all. The only reason I was thinking on getting the protector is because you get better quality when looking at the screen.

0 Likes
Bfriendz2001
First Poster
Options
I have experienced the same problem. I kept a screen protector on it til the last few months and its wore right where I use it most. What a shame.
0 Likes
Zooyork224871
Apprentice
Options

I've noticed the spen left some pretty large scratches on my display as well. I thought the tip of the spen was supposed to be softer than the threshold to scratch the screen but apparently not. I've only had my note 10+ for less than a month. The only things that touch my screen are my fingers, the spen, and my face when talking on the phone. It's pretty despicable and just another case of Samsung's tech not living up to its standard. Phone, tv, watch, they all suck. 

0 Likes