Support

Open search

Note 8 lock screen lag.

SOLVED
Apprentice

I, I'm having a little problem with my note 8 I noticed that when i press the power button there's a little lag betwin the image of the lock screen and the widgets and notifications. It's not a big deal but it's kinda annoying that I see the picture of my lock screen and then a second latter the clock and the notifications appear. Is anyone having this problem or is it normal and only now I noticed that ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok.

Im not sure with the Note 8 but with the s7 and s8 phones a person can turn on developers options and adjust the animations to quicken things up. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

14 REPLIES
Superuser I
Superuser I

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

I've tried that and didn't work. I will see with another note 8 if it's normal and just an animation of the phone or if it's a problem of my note 8 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok.

Im not sure with the Note 8 but with the s7 and s8 phones a person can turn on developers options and adjust the animations to quicken things up. 

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice
If I see that other note 8 phones don't have this delay, I will try to adjust the animations through the developers option. Thanks a lot for the help and the attention.
Apprentice
Update: I could fix the problem disabling de animations through the developers option.
Thanks again for the help !
Superuser I
Superuser I

Good to hear that worked for you @RubenMSLopes

Take Care.  

Current Phone ~

Another option...

Try turning off AOD, Always On Display. I'm not a fan of AOD but I was experimenting and forgot to turn it off.

It worked for me; I hope it works for you.

Apprentice

I have the same issue with my Note 8. But only been happening the last couple of weeks. I have noticed that my phone software has done 3 quite large updates in the last couple of months so I'm assuming it has something to do with that. And also the last few weeks my screen lights up saying voice not recognised please Try again and that's with me just sitting on my own watching TV. But the lag is a bit of a pain. 

Pls Help me broh I'm getting the same upset u got earlier last year note 8 getting little lag while pressing the home button from the lock screen to display any solution 

Top Liked Authors