Support

Open search

Note 8 battery drain

Apprentice

Since the last update I'm getting the worst battery drain on the note 8 can't even make it to lunch time without it dieing on me 

I've reset the phone back to factory address have put no apps on it and still doing it 

115 REPLIES
AntS Moderator

Hi @Mosta1983.

Can you tell us more about what's eating the battery for you? Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery Usage.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

Same here my battery lasts only 5 hours or so

Explorer
Apprentice
From the battery side it all seems normal but it's not good ... Before the last update was as good as my s8 plus but
Explorer

I think it's normal for our note 8 battery to only last around 6 hours yes?

Apprentice
I think you could be right ... I'll see how it goes over the next week or so
Explorer

So your only getting 6 hours of battery life .before you need to charge the phone?

How are people getting 25 hours or more it makes no sense.if I used my note 8 hard like you tube.the web browser taking pics etc etc.my note 8 would die after 4 hours. But if I hardly use it I get 6 or 7 hours in till I need to charge this *****ty phone.my note 4 battery is much much better than my note 8

Apprentice

Picked up my note 8 a few days ago and same problem. It really stuggles with battery. Left the house at 10 with 100% and now 13:30 and it's at 34%!  Nightmare.

Checked battery maintenance and nothing other the  outlook app @ 0.24%. Used it for photos at a party and a few call and browsing. This is a big problem, v frustrating.

Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I am facing the same issues with my Note 8, it really struggles to give me a day long experience even with minor usage. 

I only manage to have 2h30 of screen on time which I find quite disturbing knowing that a lot of reviewers and users are saying they're getting at least 4 hours of screen on time. 

As mentoned above in a previous answer, my battery usage does not look *****. Tonight, I've done a factory reset. 

Do you guys think it's normal or not ? I am starting to think it is not. 

Thank you in advance for your answers and sharing experiences.

Top Liked Authors