Support

Open search

My samsung J3 2017 keeps restarting

First Poster

I have a Samsung J3 phone that just started restarting on it's own when playing Words with Friends about 2 weeks ago. The frequency of the restarts became greater as time passed. I initially thought it might have something to do with a OS update about a month ago and took it into my AT&T dealer who ran a diagnostic on the hardware/software which produced no issues. Because the phone was barely within the one year warranty, they sent me a new phone with the understanding that if they could not find anything wrong with the phone I was replacing, I would end up purchasing the replacement. That is when I found this website! I did uninstall the update for Games Optimising Service and now my phone works fine...at least for the past several days. I sent the replacement phone back to avoid any charges to me. I think this phone does what I need it to do for a great price. Thank you all for your input and I look forward to Samsung's new update to fix this issue. I still think it had something to do with the last OS update.

First Poster
hi Lee..

Glad advice worked.. keep thumbs up that no further issues occur...
happy gaming into the new year
..😁
First Poster

Thanks  

Apprentice

I have had an update for my Samsung J3 that was dated 1st November I am not sure why it has taken so long for my phone to get this update as I check for updates 1-3 times a week I don't think it has fixed the issue with the Game Optimasing Service so I keep that stopped. Has anyone else only just got this update today 18/01/19?

Apprentice

Nope still here having 1st of june 2018 as my latest update

Apprentice

I see that is very strange, as you seem to be 2 updates behind as there was one in October 2018 witch was the one on my device proir to todays update. It seems the updates are not going out across all servers so that all phones are on the same patch, I really don't understand what is happening. 

Apprentice

I would like to know too

Observer

My samsung j3 2017 keeps restartin since 2018 and its really annoying somebody can help me?

Apprentice

To fix the the problem with the recent updates just search on sammobile.com for the latest software update and flash it via odin.

Apprentice

I had a scheduled update on 1st February, which seems, finally, to have fixed the problem.  The version number is J330FNXXU3BRL1 / J330FNO2U3BRK3 / J330FNXXU3BRI3 .  It would be interesting to know whether anyone who has got that version is still getting the problem.

Top Liked Authors