Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Meta key! Even Samsung don't even know what this key is and yet it's in the keyboard shortcuts

(Topic created on: 26-08-2017 01:28 PM)
Foonie
First Poster
Options

The keyboard shortcuts in the Tab S3 refer to the meta key. You are able to hold the meta key and press enter to simulate the home button that you would normally press on the tablet when the keyboard is attached. 

I have rang Samsung I have chatted with Samsung and nobody even the people that wrote the software and the system and the hardware do not know what the meta key is!!

Every other system in the world has a command key a Windows key control key an old key function key however in their wisdom Samsung gov decide to call it a meta key and this key doesn't seem to exist on the physical keyboard

Does anyone know what the meta key is?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gimrall
Student
Options

I was also confused by this when I first found the shortcut menu.  I hope you have found it by now, but for everyone else, it is the "search" key that looks like a magnifying glass next to the Ctrl key.  This key is also referred to as the super key; but that's not much better.  Happy computing!

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Gimrall
Student
Options

I was also confused by this when I first found the shortcut menu.  I hope you have found it by now, but for everyone else, it is the "search" key that looks like a magnifying glass next to the Ctrl key.  This key is also referred to as the super key; but that's not much better.  Happy computing!

MOMster
First Poster
Options

i found it....its the key to left of spacebar that looks like a "search" key

resickulous
First Poster
Options

for my dad look for the magnifying glass. Meta key really Samsung?

0 Likes
AdonisHiddleson
First Poster
Options

actually meta key equals window key on keyboard

0 Likes
Gimrall
Student
Options

Not really, the keybindings are completely different.

0 Likes