Support

Open search

Lock Screen Shortcuts Not Showing On My Samsung Galaxy S7.

Highlighted
SOLVED
Explorer

Hi all, 

So a couple of months back I was using my Samsung device to take photos on a trip to NewYork and the lock screen shortcuts were great, I could just press the home button and swipe from bottom right corner to top left and snap a pic, but on my third day of staying there I changed my background to one of the pictures I had taken but then the phone and camera lock screen shortcuts had gone. So I set my background back to the original Samsung one and the shortcuts were still not there. Since I have tried to mess with the themes to try to get them back, with no luck, and also the setting where you can set which apps you can have as a lock screen shortcut, I tried turning it off and on but with no luck either. It says it's on but it clearly isn't,

If anyone could please help me get my lock screen shortcuts back that would be amazing.

thanks,

Twatson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Hi, 

As a matter of fact I did, about a week ago I got in contact via live chat to a Samsung representative and they told me to factory reset my device, which I have done and so far that has done the trick.

Twatson
15 REPLIES 15
KellyM Moderator

Hi @Thomasww615, hope you had a great time in New York!

What software version is your S7 running on? If you head to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Info and App Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, and select the left and right shortcut option, are they set to On, and do they have an app selected? 

Explorer

Hi Kelly,

I am now running on Android version 7.0 but when this first happened I was running on version 6.0. I checked the settings and they were both set to on, with the left been gallery and the right been camera. I tried switching it off and back on but it also didn't work.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Twatson
Explorer

I have also heard you can reset your settings would this be an option and if so how do i do it.

Twatson
First Poster

Did you ever get an answer to this problem?

Explorer

Hi, 

As a matter of fact I did, about a week ago I got in contact via live chat to a Samsung representative and they told me to factory reset my device, which I have done and so far that has done the trick.

Twatson
First Poster

Did that remove all your contacts and what not? I'm having the same issue and don't necessarily want to do a factory reset if it's going to remove everything.

Explorer

Hi,

No as long as everything was backed up with Samsung Smart Switch after factory resetting and restoring all the data was there.

What I did lose though is game data so if you have any games in your device you will lose data from that.

Thanks,

Twatson
First Poster

Okay so having the information backed up on the smart switch app on the phone won't get deleted if I do the factory reset? (Just double checking before I do it and accidently erase everything).

Explorer

Hi,

You have to have everything backed up with the smart switch desktop app (one for pc) and you should be good as when you have finished you can just restore all your data with it.

Twatson
Top Liked Authors