Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Krack and Blueborne

(Topic created on: 17-10-2017 10:31 PM)
Dixy
Journeyman
Options

Just got a new Samsung phone, 1st time I have bought this make.

Now find 2 worrying vulnerabilities with with WiFi and Bluetooth are out there.

It appears that patches have been issued but not yet rolled out by Samsung.

I am not using Bluetooth at the moment, reducing the phones usability, and am wondering if the WiFi also should be closed down too, making it a disappointing new purchase. Not because the phone is poor but the support seems to be lacking in a supposed top of the range device.

I realise things needs checking, before releasing, but the last security update is 1st August. Surely there must be a more recent update?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @Dixy I was concerned about the vulnerabilities in the Wi-Fi protocol also but from reading a a reply from @BandOfBrothers1 on another forum I was given this link that will give you more info.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vuln...

Here is some on Blueborne

https://m.androidcentral.com/lets-talk-about-blueborne-latest-bluetooth-vulnerability

DRUID DOODE
Dixy
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.
0 Likes
tbarrie
Apprentice
Options

I just got a reply from Samsung customer service claiming that Samsung devices aren't vulnerable to Krack. I don't believe them, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Dixy
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, l am a bit dubious too.
0 Likes
Dixy
Journeyman
Options
Apparently updates are being rolled out.
0 Likes
tbarrie
Apprentice
Options

That sounds promising. Have they made an announcement, or are updates just showing up on people's devices?

(I've had wifi turned off on my tablet since Monday, so I haven't seen anything myself.)

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @tbarrie no details are released about updates 

It's a case of just keep checking your device for updates 

I do this manually about once a week 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
thomaz909
Journeyman
Options

@Dixy wrote:
Apparently updates are being rolled out.

Not for Televisions!

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @thomaz909 I'm pretty sure that if your T.V is affected they will roll out a patch in an update 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes