Support

Open search

Internet may not be available

First Poster

I have a J7 (SM-J730F/DS) and noticed a wile back the I can connect to Wi-fi but that on some networks I got the message "Inetrnet may not be available" .... and it wasn't. This message strated to appear more and more frequently and on a trip  last week I could not connect to any airport, hotel or other wifi network, with the exception of 1 network. Upon return home, I now also get the message at home and at work. Using data roaming is not  problem.

I searched the web and found a number of potential fixes. I did the following:

- Reboot (did't solve it)

- Forget network, then retry (did't solve it)

- Switch to static IP (did't solve it)

- Changed time/date and then back (did't solve it)

- Cleared Cache Partition (did't solve it)

- Factory reset (did't solve it)

I'm now out of ideas. Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
First Poster

Were you able to find a solution? I'm lost and in the same situation . thank you 

First Poster

Dwspite what Samsung helpdesk said it is not a hardware issue. Mine is now partially working again, bit only for networks that do not redirect you to a webpage to sign in. I think it is a google security issue actually. 

Here's how i get on now: when you select a netwprk you get the "internet may not be available" message. Press SETTINGS and do nothing else. You can now enter a password (again so long as you are not redirected). The exclamation mark will remain in  the wifi logo but ignore that, thats a software issue that Samsung may one day fix.... 

Sometimes i get a mail from google about a potential security breach and if you respnd to it that its you then you can get to redirected login pages.

Good luck!

First Poster

Despite what Samsung helpdesk said it is not a hardware issue. Mine is now partially working again, bit only for networks that do not redirect you to a webpage to sign in. I think it is a google security issue actually. 

Here's how i get on now: when you select a network you get the "internet may not be available" message. Press SETTINGS and do nothing else. You can now enter a password (again so long as you are not redirected). The exclamation mark will remain in  the wifi logo but ignore that, that's a software issue that Samsung may one day fix.... 

Sometimes i get a mail from google about a potential security breach and if you respnd to it that its you then you can get to redirected login pages.

Good luck!

Top Liked Authors