Support

Open search

How do I update the messaging app after Oreo

Highlighted
SOLVED

Like so many I am very disappointed to find that I can no longer set an individual text tone in the contacts. I have read that there is a fix and I can add it to the messaging thread of a conversation if I update my Samsung messaging app.  How do I do this?  I would rather do this with the Samsung Messaging app instead of loading a third party messaging app.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Voyager

Hi ChrisSS

The official way is to just check through the 'Galaxy apps' application.

Click in the top right hand corner (three dots) > my apps (or sign in) > update.

If the update is available it will appear there. When you get the update depends on your location / phone model.

I am in the UK on EE with an S8 plus and have already recieved the update.

3 REPLIES 3
Voyager

Hi ChrisSS

The official way is to just check through the 'Galaxy apps' application.

Click in the top right hand corner (three dots) > my apps (or sign in) > update.

If the update is available it will appear there. When you get the update depends on your location / phone model.

I am in the UK on EE with an S8 plus and have already recieved the update.

Navigator

the carriers update or msging update on phone?

If msgaginig on fone open messages go to settings then about if an update is due it be here.

If its to send mms rather than mms then conact your carrier

The galaxy app store doesnt show a new update for the Samsung Messages app. I missed many major updates. I tried to uninstall updates and reinstall, but its not the latest update.

Top Liked Authors