Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Google Play Store on a Galaxy Tab E SM-T560 tablet bought in mainland China?

(Topic created on: 20-07-2017 06:37 AM)
Chezza1
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Tab E SM-T560 tablet in China. It didn't have Google Play Store installed. I have tried to install the app, but it either crashes or opens with a blank white page with an error message 'Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01] Retry'. The same message comes up when I retry.

How do I get it to work?

Thanks in anticipation. 

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chezza1

I assume you reside in another country to China ?

It could be a problem due to the firmware being a Chinese one and not one that's meant for your particular country. 

Importing a device can bring issues. 

Lots of clone type devices are made in China too so that could pose an issue too. 

If you can find no way of getting Play store onto your device via the normal avenues then I would suggest visiting a Samsung service location where they'll be able to check the status of the device and advise accordingly. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chezza1
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks, BandOfBrothers. I appreciate your response.

I'm fairly sure it's a genuine device. I'm in the UK. Is there a way to change the firmware from Chinese to UK firmware? Do you think that might help?

I will contact a Samsung service centre, if I can't resolve the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're welcome @Chezza1

If this was my situation I'd first use Google just to see if something similar had been experienced by anyone else. 

There is a site called xdadevelopers that has lots of tutorials and knowledge members when coming to putting a custom Rom on a device. 

Be sure to learn about the things that can go wrong. 

Ask members there for guidance is my advice before doing anything. 

And yes please do first contact Samsung support either by phone or via popping into a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chezza1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks again, BandOfBrothers. I will check out xdadevelopers.

0 Likes