Support

Open search

How can I restore my Samsung Memos?

First Poster

My phone wiped out, but I had already backed up everything to my Google account and Samsung Cloud, but it seems that the Samsung apps were not restored. My SHealth data is all gone and so are most of the photos and videos from Samsung Gallery (although they were all restored to my Google Photos). My main problem right now is that all of my memos are gone, and I don't know how to get them back. In settings, it says that Memos are synced, but I don't know how to restore them. I tried downloading the Samsung Notes app to try and restore the memos to it, but that didn't work. I also tried removing and re-adding my Samsung account, which did nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have memos from over 2 years ago.

Also, if there is a way to restore older backups, that might be helpful.

I'm so desperate that I've even been trying to root my phone (any advise on retrieving my memos this way will also be appreciated).
Thanks

9 REPLIES
JessL Moderator

Hey @Jenny09,

Could you let us know if you've already tried the steps in this guide

We'd like to help with this! :smileyhappy:

First Poster

Hi, 

Yes, I've already tried this. I've also tried downloading Samsung Notes and importing from Samsung account, but it says "no files found". 

Thanks 

Superuser I
Superuser I

The problem might been caused by the one option not ticked (see screenshot). Sync by Wi-Fi and mobile data. 

I think it's not ON by default. 

Also for the future to avoid such problems in Samsung Notes app settings, just double check that sync is ONScreenshot_20180513-103705_Samsung Cloud.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-104114_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-104128_Samsung Notes.jpg

Leon24xxx
First Poster

Hi Jenny, have you sorted out the solution? Mine the same things happened to me. My memo wasnt restore after i tried different way which i am sure it was sync before i reset. sigh... ;-(

First Poster

I just bought the new note 9 and everything transferred on the smart switch from my Samsung G7 except for my memos which I would like to retrieve. Can I do anything where do I look there is no icon in the apps section listed. Like there was before am I to understand that it has been replace by Samsung notes?

First Poster

@Jenny09 wrote:

Hi, 

Yes, I've already tried this. I've also tried downloading Samsung Notes and importing from Samsung account, but it says "no files found". 

Thanks 

I just bought the new note 9 and everything transferred on the smart switch from my Samsung G7 except for my memos which I would like to retrieve. Can I do anything where do I look there is no icon in the apps section listed. Like there was before am I to understand that it has been replace by Samsung notes?

First Poster

So... can anyone answer the real question here...?

Can we restore an older backup or not...??

If so, how do we go about it?

Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Apprentice

Have you used Kies to back up your data? If so, then you can recover from backup. In addition, if the deleted data has not been overwritten, then you may also use a third-party tool to recover by scanning the device.

I've had the exact problem. No memos restored from google or samsung cloud, even though they did a few months back when I got a replacement galaxy 7. With my new galaxy 9 I cant figuire out how to get two years of memos back. Really want this sorted!

Top Liked Authors