Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot spot

(Topic created on: 09-04-2019 01:55 PM)
Simon-Jersey
Explorer
Options

Can galaxy table a 10 with sim card be used as hot spot for other devices to use as WiFi connection?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It also depends if your mobile network operator allows your type of account to be used with a hotspot.

Also sometimes the hotspot / tethering options needs activating by the network.

So if your phones hotspot can be turned On then many devices with wifi can hook upto it and use its data.

Be aware some devices can access more rich content pages than a phone and thus can use much more data and the device connecting can use data for updating itself too.

Also you'll probably find your phones battery being used much more heavily to provide tethering.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
TracyR
Options

Hey @Simon-Jersey,

As long as you have enough data to run the hotspot, your Galaxy Phone will be able to be used as a WiFi connection for other devices.

:sun-with-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Simon-Jersey
Explorer
Options

Thanks. I am thinking buying the galaxy tablet A 10. Will it work same as phone as a hotspot?

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It also depends if your mobile network operator allows your type of account to be used with a hotspot.

Also sometimes the hotspot / tethering options needs activating by the network.

So if your phones hotspot can be turned On then many devices with wifi can hook upto it and use its data.

Be aware some devices can access more rich content pages than a phone and thus can use much more data and the device connecting can use data for updating itself too.

Also you'll probably find your phones battery being used much more heavily to provide tethering.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "