Support

Open search

Help needed please

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Can anyone please tell me how I can make my phone number visible on outgoing calls. I currently appear as unknown according to my friends.  I have a galaxy A5 (2017). Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator

Hi @Greatgroenie

That's quite strange. First of all please go to Phone > Contacts > Me > Set My Profile and complete the relevant details. To further troubleshoot the issue, if you're on Android 7.0 or higher, please open your Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and SPAM Protection > On > Share Name and Number > On. This will register the name and number on your device so other people can see this information when you call or message them. I would also recommend contacting your network to enquire about any existing restrictions on your account.

3 REPLIES
AndrewL Moderator

Hi @Greatgroenie

That's quite strange. First of all please go to Phone > Contacts > Me > Set My Profile and complete the relevant details. To further troubleshoot the issue, if you're on Android 7.0 or higher, please open your Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and SPAM Protection > On > Share Name and Number > On. This will register the name and number on your device so other people can see this information when you call or message them. I would also recommend contacting your network to enquire about any existing restrictions on your account.

First Poster

Thank you, it's sorted. Really appreciate your help. 

AndrewL Moderator
You're welcome @Greatgroenie. Glad I could help
Top Liked Authors