Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor issues with Gear fit 2 pro

(Topic created on: 26-05-2018 11:18 PM)
anarita-ribeiro
Journeyman
Options

I've been experiencing some issues with my gear fit 2 pro heart rate during exercices, especially inconsistency in heart rate monitor during "other workout". With gear fit 2 I had no problems, but since I upgraded, I haven't had a clear reading and I've been using my gear fit 2 pro for more than a month now.

For exemple (using Samsung health app), with gear fit 2 I would get peaks of 200 or more during exercice and now the peak I get is around 180. Also, during workout, sometimes the band vibrates as if not able to measure heart rate.  I also get a flat line  at 180, for exemple, of two or more minutes in the workout graph which I think is should not happen.

When I use the UA record app to record my session, my heart rate graph has some grey zones (as if not able to measure heart rate) and I also feel  band vibrat on my wrist. Someone with the same issues?!  Smiley Sad

under_armour_record.jpgsamsung_health.jpg

64 REPLIES 64
Jone
Student
Options

For me it tracks too high heart rate during my workout. Plus 200 when normally it is 150.

Over priced!  device it is not for active user. It is more like activity tracker than sport tracker.

I suggest buy Polar. It is cheaper and more much more reliable. 

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I get the same issue on my gear sport.

Heart rate doesn't work most of the time.

Go cycling and it seems to work until i stop and it auto pauses. From then on I hardly have any heart rate data. It's a bit random. Turning continuous heart rate mode on before the excercise sorts it sometimes. Using the watch with a S8 plus. Tried factory resetting both and the issue persists. This is definitely a software problem.

My friend has the gear s3 and exact same issue on that. I may be wrong but I don't believe there is any log facility on the watch to send into Samsung.

Samsung - how exactly can we get your software development team to look into this issue?

There are multiple posts in both the EU and US across multiple devices about the same problem.

We need answers.Screenshot_20180518-012255_Samsung Health.jpg

Dhooghe
First Poster
Options

Been having the same issues for over a while now.
Worked fine out of the box, but after a first update the monitoring flatlined.
The latest update doesn't seem to change a lot.

screenshot.png

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi all,

We've managed to get Samsung to escalate this issue to the software development team in this thread here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...

Just awaiting an update on it

L1ng
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys - it seems I have managed to seemingly resolve this issue by resetting the device through the settings menu - it's a little bit of a pain because you lose all your apps and songs on Spotify but the heart rate functionality has gone back to normal (for now anyway).

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi L1ng,

That is a temporary fix and does not resolve the issue. The problem will come back to be sure.

gnewcomer
First Poster
Options

The problem that I am having with the heart rate monitor is that at rest it never seems to go below 124 bpm. With my previous fitness tracker, I was usually around 65 to 70 bpm. Any suggestions on how to correct?

Robert29
Student
Options

Reading through this thread it sounds very clear that Samsung aren’t going to fix this issue. It’s even more worrying that there software quality standards didn’t catch such an obvious bug in a fitness tracking product. I bought two Gear fit 2 pro’s at the weekend, they both exhibit the same problem. When set to Auto HR after 10 mins walking or running they stop measuring HR. They’re going back for a refund this weekend as faulty / not fit for purpose.

took a risk going with Samsung, won’t do it again.

SM-R365

using with iphoneX 

Apple Watch is my next stop

Jone
Student
Options

I highly recommend to check out Polar. I had before Samsung Gear fit 2 pro and it did great job. Very accurate HR .I thought i made upgrade when change to Samsung but no. Gear fit 2 pro is just expensive activity tracker but not for sport.

Erikverm
First Poster
Options

Not impressed with device. Gim hartrate show 155 to 160 and Gearfit stay round 98.