Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Together Challenges

(Topic created on: 03-08-2017 07:08 AM)
Andre8
Student
Options

Does anybody pay attention to the figures on thiae challenges? There's no point on doong any of them if the first places are walking or running more than 100 miles per day. Is it that possible? Or just cheating? Somebody from Samsung should pay attention to those issues or better just drop the idea of interaction between users. It's ridiculously obvious that people cheats, just take a look at the numbers from last month and tell me if any human being can walk or run more than 3000 miles in a month.

7 REPLIES 7
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi I've read other posts on other forums about people raising concern about the figures you mention,

To be honest i am not sure if they are genuine.

without really trying I can manage 200.000 steps a month just walking about my everyday things.

I've noticed a lot of my age range tend  to do more.

Ive heard a few ways people could do it but Ive not tried as it defeats the object 

Of which is to challenge yourself get to the posts on the way of which is easy achievable,and I have titanium in my lower leg and ankle

People have mentioned that people on bicycles get further but I've still not tried as at the moment I don't have one.

At the end of the day you know how far you have walked without cheating and that should be what matters.

I do understand your a bit disappointed that it may be possible to cheat.

But it's not a security threat it's a bit of fun for yourself and your friends with the monthly challenges, I do them for myself and I do find myself doing more walking with my gear fit 2 than I did without it.

DRUID DOODE
Balanced4life15
Apprentice
Options
These people are getting 200k in a day not a month. I didn't cheat and ended up with 330k for the entire month, not a day. Look at it for today. Clearly cheaters are on here.
AllanP
First Poster
Options

Yes that struck me odd, but why cheat? I'm  in the February challenge and I figure at 2 feet a step this leading the pack person in five days has to be averaging 47 miles a day; I think not and something is rotten in Denmark.

0 Likes
AWurster
First Poster
Options

I agree 100%. the pack leader is currently averaging 50.79 Miles a day (assuming the average of 2,000 steps in a mile). Now if you divide that by a nice brisk 3.5 miles per hour; they are walking at a brisk pace for 14.51 hours every day so far this month... President Trump is apparently in second place averaging a brisk 3.5 mph walk for 13.28 hours everyday...  0.o

0 Likes
randomWalker
First Poster
Options
just started a december walk challange and made r4.5 hour walk today just to find out there is a person which completed 210307 steps! well this gives us 154.7 steps per hour and we need 22.6 hours to reach this so please samsung get your ***** together and remove/ban obvious cheaters from the equation otherwise peoplle will look fof other platforms.
0 Likes
AllanP
First Poster
Options

It takes a certain kind of person to cheat like this. I would say someone very insecure, however I'm no psychology expert. These people cheat on their diets, playing solitaire and any other event. It is a shame though for the rest of us; not that these challenges mean all that much to me. I don't know about the rest of you, but I very rarely even check on how I sit on the challenge. I think I did just over 400,000 steps in November and it says I'm in the top 2$ sometimes 3%. I walk my dog (was dogs until last Friday when I lost my little buddy) two or three times a day and usually have over 10,000 steps a day, sometimes as high as 20,000. It's too bad these ridiculously high step records can't be challenged.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This is happening with Garmin /Strava as well..
I am into Running, one time there was this running challenge and when we calculated.. This person's running speed was closer or very closer to the Bullet Train 😂

I just go by my own heart and consciousness..
I totally get your point
0 Likes