Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone received their Galaxy S8 Plus yet?

(Topic created on: 20-04-2017 01:41 PM)
gv959
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone in the UK revceived delivery confirmation yet beyond the pre-order page showing the phone as shipped? I was expecting it today as 8 days before the 28th!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
gv959
Journeyman
Options
Thank you!
0 Likes
si1987uk
Student
Options

Faults by Samsung so far:

1. Not notifying people who ordered of possible delays. Think the delays were cause by delivery schedules by UKMail personally (just my opinion)

2. Not saying sorry. Perhaps we'll get one in the tabloids like previously (see Note7 debacle), hmmm probably not. 

3. Sending marketing emails sent on the 19th offering pre-orders made that day would be delivered 8 days early (on the 20th).

4. Blaming unprecedented demand, I have a Facebook Messenger chat with Samsung Help saying just this. If this is the case you would have known on the 19th and not set out more emails as Point 3 above.

5. Blaming it on preorders with accessories attached  (I didn't as you used this excuse on a previous lanch, Samsung). Please don't tell me you can't send items seperately, simply something to blame your short-sightedness on.

6. Telling people that postal tracking info is available on the order confirmation, it isn't! It is actually on an email from UKMail which I personally received three hours afterwards, at the end of what would have been my working day.

7. Thinking it's acceptable that we were promised in some communications that we would receive 8 days early and not saying sorry when we have to book an extra day off work to wait in again! 

Sorry for the lsit, to be honest this is the fourth time I've had to contact Samsung for seperate previous issues; Note7 recall, (best part is when I was told that it was still safe to use and probably nothing), Missing UHD Blurays in a box, Note7 cover return (gave up on this).

As a Note7 customer - of which I'm sure there are many of us who settled for a simple apology rather than any compensation for any hassle we received - I'm really disappointed. I love your products but your service sucks. Customer service if you see this, please don't send me a stock response or a cheesy "we're glad your phone is on the way, enjoy", I'd appreciate a proper reply as would the lovely people above.

si1987uk
Student
Options

I didn't receive mine today as promised from my direct pre-order.

To say I was wasn't pleased to have no update or be able to contact Help by phone as suggested by Live Chat/Facebook Messenger accounts as the menu options kept looping! Convenient time.

Not meaning to be bitter but I was one of the unfortunate customers who received a Note7 (ordered from Carphone Warehouse back then) and the horrors of replacing, then returning are too many to list (not necessarily Samsung's fault) but the lack of compensation at all was a bit of an insult.

When ordering my S8+, I was debating between the regular and the 'Plus' and had created two baskets on separate Chrome tabs, when I clicked to complete my order on the S8+ and use Paypal to complete the order, it acctually ordered the S8, reported this issue. The bad thing is after they processed the cancellation, I tried again but my bank had blocked my card. Being a Bank Holiday weekend, my partner ended up completing a separate order on my behalf so I could pre-order in time.

What is really annoying is that in my communication with Samsung on FB, the shipping error was blamed on accessories (think this is a stock response), I have replied to say I didn't order accessories as knew this was the case previously. They also mentioned unprecedented demand which was unforeseen. Strange how I received an email on the 19th saying it wasn't too late to preorder to receive 8 days early. Just saying it didn't mention UP TO 8 DAYS.

Being brand loyal seems to have cost me.

The good news is that I have now received my tracking email from UK Mail, my communications with Samsung have lead me and others to believe that the tracking info would be from Samsung on the order confirmation, it wasn't. Let them know this so they rectify their 'copy and paste' replies to people on social media. 

Sorry for the rant, know we're all going through the same but thought I'd keep you updated. Samsung's service and planning clearly aren't up to much. Stock responses seem to be the norm and no 'Sorrys', the power of this small word may have been enough to stop many angry customers who have had to take another day off work because of Samsung's short-sightedness. Yet again, I'm sure the US consumers will be looked after, what with their lovely pre-order bonuses.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Does sound like a pain in the A**E and yes I am in agreement that the whole system needs a overhaul the UKMAIL system was really very bad (my experiance to) and the pre order bonus was a a bug to me as well with no option to buy packages which should have been the option over here as well. 

0 Likes
stefyfic
First Poster
Options

Even my boyfriend pre-ordered his s8 and apparently it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully. 

0 Likes