Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI for Samsung Galaxy tab A

(Topic created on: 22-05-2017 11:46 AM)
KarenP
First Poster
Options

Hi - Can anyone receommend which sort of HDMI cable i need to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) to either a TV or Tivo box please

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
AntS
Options

Hi @KarenP.

The Tab A 10.1 2016 doesn't support an MHL connection, and so won't work with an HDMI/HDMI adaptor for connecting to a TV or set-top box.

You should be able to use a Chromecast (or similar) to connect them though. :smileyhappy:

KarenP
First Poster
Options

Hi - thanks for your reply - would it work using the Amazon Fire stick?

Karen

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Apologies for the delay in reply @KarenP. :smileyembarrassed:

Can't say for sure on things non-Samsung stuff-related, so I can't guarantee at all it'll work, but I found this: https://techforluddites.com/screen-mirroring/ and also something on Amazon's official Support page here if you want to check them out.

Xapis
First Poster
Options

Is there no hardwired solution with HDMI cable?

@AntS wrote:

Apologies for the delay in reply @KarenP. :smileyembarrassed:

Can't say for sure on things non-Samsung stuff-related, so I can't guarantee at all it'll work, but I found this: https://techforluddites.com/screen-mirroring/ and also something on Amazon's official Support page here if you want to check them out.

CarlH
Options

Hi @Xapis. Connecting a phone or a Tablet to a TV via HDMI hasn't been possible for some time now. As @AntS suggested, a Google Chromecast would be one of the best alternative options.

jgwart
First Poster
Options

I can't tell you how frustrated this makes me. I use a tablet to give presentations and many venues don't have a wireless options for routing video and audio to 2 different sources. Eveyplace just tells me to plug into the HDMI port and they'll adjust volume, switch screens etc. I hate to say it, but I guess I'm stuck using an iPad...pointless step backward Samsung!

websta
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here - purchased a Tab A and assumed it had HDMI output capability. Please don't tell me casting is as good as a hardwired connection because it most certainly is not.  While I appreciate the convenience of casting, it does create certain problems as well.  For example, I cannot cast Dish Anywhere in my hotel room.  There are supposed work arounds that don't really work so for now, I'm going to stick with my iPad and its HDMI connection.  

Yeshman
First Poster
Options

If you are going to reply, at the very least you should be accurate. This is still a feature running on certain models such as the tab s3. Via display port. It's a hardware solution however isnt available for the tab 'A' unfortunately. 

Dex system should allow external display support as well.

Also a software solution could cure the need for an hdmi output on the tab 'A' 

0 Likes
websta
Apprentice
Options

How was my reply not accurate?

0 Likes