Support

Open search

Grey box over photos

Apprentice

There is a grey box appearing over my pictures.
They are ok on the thumbnails but when you click on the picture or flashes open for a second then a grey box comes over the photo. Please help as these photos were for a work project. This has only started happening recently. I had to reset back to factory settings 4 days ago as Oreo update corrupted my phone.

8 REPLIES 8
CarlH Moderator

Hi @Nicchips1974

Apprentice

Hi. I have the S7 and they are saved to sd card. I have tried transferring to my computer but they still have the grey box covering them. X

Highlighted
Apprentice

Had same issue after update, encryoted my sd card and all came back, been trying for two days for a solution up until this worked. 

Apprentice

@Nicchips1974 wrote:

Hi. I have the S7 and they are saved to sd card. I have tried transferring to my computer but they still have the grey box covering them. X

Had same issue after update, encryoted my sd card and all came back, been trying for two days for a solution up until this worked. 

Apprentice
Hi. How do I do this please. Sorry I'm not very tec savy
Apprentice

Go to settings and where search bar is, type encrypt sd card and it came up, im also not to tech savvy lol, hope this works. For you as well. 

AntS Moderator

How did you get on with this @Nicchips1974? :robothappy:

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

I tried this on my Samsung S9+ and it did NOT help anything.  Pictures still have the same issue.

Top Liked Authors