Support

Open search

Gear sport Battery draining at night

First Poster
I have the same problem. It started a few days ago.
Explorer

@MikeWaves wrote:

All - here is the response that i just received via US Customer Service via twitter:

To increase the battery life on the Gear after the update please follow the steps below ↓ •On the Gear tap on setting; •Tap on Gear info. •Tap Report diagnostic and usage info (Disable this feature) Test the watch for a few days to see how the battery works.

Cool, will try that! Thanks a lot!

Apprentice
Fingers crossed. Actually looking forward to going to bed 😄😃🤣
Apprentice

How do you do the backup? I can find where you can do a restore but I can't find where to do just the backup?

First Poster

It would be on your phone in the samsung wearables app. There will be an option to back up gear

Apprentice

Found it. It is under About Gear. I will give it a try as my husband and I both have the Gear Sport and this is very frustrating!

First Poster

One more reporting in. My watch have been draining overnight the last 2-3 nights. 

Observer

I reset and DIDNT update any apps or software.... so far so good..... only installed a Watchface..... seems to be back to good for last 4 hours.... so one of the apps is faulty.... I may try and install one by one to see which one.... latest one is the weather app? could it be problem

Just reporting in to say that I have also been having this problem, starting earlier this week. very frustrating as the battery life is one thing that I praised to my friends and co-workers as one of the more impressive things about the product

Explorer
Spoiler

I just sent this to PC Magazine ~ turning over all the leaves I can ~ 

Hi Im turning to you again ,  the  Samsung Gear Sport watch has had over 175   comments  in the  Samsung  site  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/bd-p/uk-mobile       regarding  battery drainage over the last week~ it appears to be a software issue as it strarted after the last update ~~  numerous  calls , =Smart Tutor intervention and  tech  support have done  nothing ~~ no problems found ~~   it is ongoing and  draining  from 100% at 4:30 am to  43 %  by 7:30 am.  CAn you read some of these comments ???  we need help ~ Samsung  says  send it to them,  but  that will leave us  with  no watch and for myself, I a am deaf and need this on my wrist for communication and alerts , not on the charger ~~  .  I have had this 9 months. it is  under warranty  but  again I'll have no  watch.      I wonder if they were  hacked ~since the battery drain seems to be  "synchronized "  the  ~ the Wearable Gear software, or S Health ~( I will uninstall and reinstalled that this afternoon~~ and not allow it to "update'  if that's  possible ~~  Have a great day ~ 

Top Liked Authors