Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 31-01-2019 06:39 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Rommyno
Apprentice
Options

Same problem in my case

However, in my case I think the problem appears not when I upgraded to Tizen 4, the problem appears when I upgrade the Gear S Plugin to new release (with more features on the phone app).

The new release (I think with the problem) is 2.2.03.19010741N and the previous was 2.2.03.18083041N

When I changed to the previous release I need to reset the watch to the factory defaults 😞

I tried today morning to returns to the previous Gear S Plugin release to confirm it.

I'll test the drain and I'll explain you the results here

Regards

Max8891
Pathfinder
Options

Ok thanks. My gear s plugin is like yours but it ends with 761 without N.

edit:

this night i haven't had any drain. just a normal one of 4% (more or less).

i haven't done nothing of special. I have just used all the day one of the stock watchface preinstalled on watch and before sleep i have enabled aereo mode, goodnight mode and i have set brightness to 1, althought i use the automatic one.

that's all..  sincerly, i don't think that changing watchface or modifying brightness is what solved the problem this night, however i'll test again in these days.

0 Likes
Rommyno
Apprentice
Options

The release code like 2.2.03.19010741N or 2.2.03.18083041N, after "2.2.03." means de year, month and day for the build (yymmdd format). For me the release OK is dated on "180830" and the suspected is "190107"

The results of my test are the following

With the Wear S Plugin Release 2.2.03.19010741N

Time                  Battery level

Day 1-00:00   100%

Day 1-14:00    48%  (% drain per hour = 3,7pp/hour)

With the Wear S Plugin Release 2.2.03.18083041N

Time                Battery level

Day 1-15:50   100%

Day 2-17:24    68%  (% drain per hour = 1,17pp/hour)

All my previous draining registers are around 1,20pp/hour, so I think that with this release the drainig rate is OK

My settings

BT allways ON but the phone OFF at night (between 0:00 and 9:00)

WIFI always OFF

Bright  4

Not disturb activated at night by schedule (between 0:00 and 9:00)

Regards

0 Likes
Rommyno
Apprentice
Options

First of all, I confirm that with August version the battery consumption is right (after 42 hours of use the rate is 1,12pp/hour)

About the differences between releases, I'm sorry, I noted the difference between versions (41 and 61).

I'll try with 61 version to confirm if this have fixed the battery problem. Actually in Google Play the current release is 41 (¿?) 

Thanks

0 Likes
Max8891
Pathfinder
Options

This night again i haven't had any abnormal drain.
I have charged it yesterday evening and i wore it before going to sleep. I enabled aereo mode, goodnight mode, brightness set to 1 and since yesterday i'm using stock watchface called "dashboard".

I'm starting to suppose the custom watchface i was using before was the cause of big night drain, although it sounds me strange.

This night i'll try to use another custom watchface (i mean one bought on galaxy store) and i'll see how the battery behaves.

I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, thanks to all for help

0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

Hello all,

Apologies for the lack of updates, i have been watching the media feeds and awaiting my update to Tizen before I can comment.

I have been getting approx 2 days usage since the Wear app update over a fortnight ago, but haven't had th Tizen update to follow through.  With regards to watchfaces I have about 10 installed (mainly fitness types) all generally low light but have alot of displays i.e. steps, charge, travel distance etc., but nothing too heavy. I have however noticed that during the early hours the Gear S3 sometimes will wake itself up at maximum power for no reason when I have noticed it need to actually press one of the buttons and then cover the screen (which doesnt always work) these are the times when I have poor performance. Just one for those who notice.

This happens whether on my wrist or on the stand charging (woke me up a few times) when on the stand it's a very slow charge and also the watch was on low battery but the dock claimed the charging cycle was complete but was only 56% charged.

0 Likes
Rommyno
Apprentice
Options

@Rommyno wrote:

First of all, I confirm that with August version the battery consumption is right (after 42 hours of use the rate is 1,12pp/hour)

About the differences between releases, I'm sorry, I noted the difference between versions (41 and 61).

I'll try with 61 version to confirm if this have fixed the battery problem. Actually in Google Play the current release is 41 (¿?) 

Thanks

After two charge cycles with the release 761 I can confirm that this release drain the battery at comformtable rate (below the 1,3pp/hour), and for me is right (three days of battery)

Thank you

0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

Things are getting worseThings are getting worseAs you can see things

are getting worse. It lasting less and less for no reason. It was full charge this morning and taken off the charge @ 08:05 How can I lose 42% already and it's not doing anything much. I do not have Tizen yet as it's not pushed out to my device yet (found out the classic was purchased in the states). How log do I have to wait  for those who are recording data Model Number os SM-R760  Tizen 3.0.2 R760XXU2CRK2 Serial number RHAHA086PSF. It's not the battery itself as it will randomly reset to sustaining 3 days if I reset everything back to defaults which I have done 5 times now. Has anyone who has upgrade to Tizen 4 having the same issues with more features?

0 Likes
illetyus
Explorer
Options
Helo Guys,

i told waaay before. I had issues with battery draining too.

All i did was simple. I enabled ALL NOTIFICATIONS from the Galaxy Wearable App. Thats it! No more battery draining.

I also did these:

1) I turned off wifi.
2) I turned off automatic workout detection.
3) I always made sure that i dont run any 3rd party app in the backround of the watch.

Try it please.
0 Likes
samuelr
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with my watch. It has worked great up until now. After Tizen 4 installed, the watch started eating up the battery. It goes from 100% to 31% in about 3 hours. Sometimes it goes from 71% to 17% in just over an hour. Even if I was not even using the watch. Sometimes the battery lasts just few minutes. Same thing happens even if the battery save mode is on.

I have wifi off, the display always off, brightness on 5, heart rate monitor off, and no 3rd party apps installed. All I use the watch for is to keep me alerted when I get incoming messages, and it tells me to get up off my ***** sometimes and move! I do not use it to make or answer calls, GPS and location is off.

When the battery dies and I put the watch on the charger, the watch shows 76-91% battery left. Even it has just got empty. Then it charges about 5 min and says that the battery is full charged.

I have tried all the tricks what I could find from the web; factory reset, un- and reinstalling all the gear apps from the phone. Tried differend versions of Gear S Plugin.

Does anybody have any idea what to do?