Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 31-01-2019 11:49 AM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Sentry
Explorer
Options

@ProphetUK Hey, sorry for the long silence. I followed your steps but without success. I sent in my Gear S3 for repair under warranty and I guess it will be a while before I hear back from them with the pre-holiday madness. I'll post an update here about what they'll find and how I'll continue.

0 Likes
Sentry
Explorer
Options

@ProphetUK Update: My Gear S3 is back from repair and works like it should again.

I have Bluetooth and WiFi active, constant heart rate monitoring and everything else like I was using it before. The battery lasts 3 days. My Gear App says there is an update for the Gear S3, but I won't install it since that was how all the problems started.

Unfortunately, I don't know what exactly they did to my watch during repair. Their response just states that they could reproduce the described problem and they fixed it.  But they did exchange the back panel. The battery was not under warranty anymore, so I don't know if they just exchanged it anyway or if the problem was somewhere else. I'll contact them to get more details, but I don't think they'll provide it.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and good health :smiling-face:

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Glad to hear that it worked!
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

Hello all,

Just to provide you with an update I am now back to 1/2 a day..☹️😭this was caused by yet another two updates from Samsung to the Galaxy S8 (two in 1 week). I can only guess there was an issue with the previous update and then the second update rolled out 1 week later was to repair whatever damage the 1st update caused.

I have yet to try the steps previously posted due to the holidays but I will keep you updated. Anyone else seen similar issues? @Sentry Glad you got your Wear back can you indicate what day ranges you are getting?

Will feedback results after holiday.

0 Likes
Sentry
Explorer
Options

@ProphetUK I thought I did: 3 days with normal usage, including constant heart rate monitoring, WiFi and Bluetooth

Sorry to hear that your issues resurfaced. Good luck!

0 Likes
illetyus
Explorer
Options

Guys, i found a solution. Been using for like 1 month, no issues.

Go to Notification settings on your phone, enable all the notification, viola!

0 Likes
Max8891
Pathfinder
Options

are you serious? XD

0 Likes
Rusty2
Explorer
Options

Do not do this, disable all notifications choose only the ones that are  absolutely necessary, I have phone and messages  only and I have been getting good battery life since I disabled notifying Samsung of everything. Please do not do as this suggests. 

0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options
Was just about to say the same thing. I did a reset last weekend now up to two days. It seems the way to fix drain is to re-install Wear app after major update. I also have been disabling notifications for upto 3 hours on the gear before I go off and noticed it never drained as much but it is a pain to have to remember all of the time.
0 Likes
Max8891
Pathfinder
Options
Guys i have updated my gear sport to tizen 4.0.0.2, changing csc from ITV to X A R (usa), because here in italy the update isn't still coming.
However.. i have also reverted to itv after the updated and all went well, but now i have a problem with battery.
During nights after update i have lost more then 20% per night. I use it with aereo mode and do not disturb enabled, so it's absourd this consumption.
Before, with tizen 3, i lost barely 6-7% in a night.

Any suggestions?
0 Likes