Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 26-11-2018 11:46 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Sentry
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the instructions, ProphetUK. I've run through these steps multiple time, except for the reinstalling of the Gear Wear App on the phone. But the watch even drains when not connected with the phone now.

There was also comment on another site stating that the newest version of the Gear S Plugin won't push through to all phones and you'd have to manually install it. I was surprised to see that I was one of those that didn't get the update, but sadly it didn't fix it.

I'll give it one last try this weekend, then it is off to Samsung's repair service, as it is likely a defective battery.

0 Likes
shuftywiggle
First Poster
Options

My Frontier has been fine for a while now. A few hiccups in the last two years but running fine recently even after setting up with new phone after changing from Sony XZ to Pixel 3xl.

It's all gone to pot now though after the update to the latest version in the last few days. 

Battery life is now shocking. From 16:15 to 18:15 it has gone from 100% to 75%, from just being on my wrist not actually doing anything stressful or different to the last two years of wear.

Annoyingly ironic that the release notes state that the update was to fix battery drain on certain new phones, not sure which ones but I didn't have any issues or concerns as I was only losing about 30% per 24hrs which is fine (location and hr on 24/7, bt obviously but no wifi and no always on) now after that supposed 'fix' I'm not going to be able to wear the watch for anywhere near approaching a working day let alone sleep with it on too!!!

I'd laugh if I wasn't crying...

0 Likes
Buckus
Student
Options

*****!!!!! I was suffering from this problem a few weeks back but turned off report diagnostics and everything went back to normal.

Now out of the blue, last night my watch suddenly went from 100% to 16% overnight. Report diagnostics is still off so what's causing it now??

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Rommyno
Apprentice
Options

At this moment (average for three weeks) in my Gear Sport I drain 1.0% to 1.2% per hour of us (more or less)

Report and Diagnosis is OFF and WIFI is OFF. All others features are ON

That means three days of uses easily without problems.

0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

@Sentry This was how mine started.. please do un-install the wear app and completely drain and then re-charge with the device being OFF this eventually fixed mine. I have read from others the re-install corrupts drivers on the device (which is probably why Samsung want's you to do a factory reset). I tested it since my last post and got 2 solid days but i got a battery low warning and then ignored it (bluetooth, wifi notifications all normal not always on) but it claimed it had 0% but lasted another 45 mins so something is clearly wrong somewhere. 

Just curious how old is your device.. Mine is now 2 years old I heard the new Sport and Galaxy aren't affected?

0 Likes
Sentry
Explorer
Options
@ProphetUK I did multiple recharges, Gear on or off. I don't completely get your instructions. Should I uninstall the weap app (you mean the one on the phone, right?) _before_ I drain the Gear? And when did you install it again? Without being able to connect it to the phone, it's really not a Smartwatch.

The device is just over 1 year old. Bought it beginning of October last year.
0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options
@Sentry, Yes delete the Wear app off phone and then re-install (make sure you do a backup of watch faces etc 1st) And if you have already drained and re-charged gear (whilst off) you just need to re-install app and then re-pair. After this process my S3 Frontier went back to 3 days charge approx 3 days.

Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
the_chupa55
Student
Options

I have got the same proble. frontier, fast bettery drain (((

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Gear 2, had no issues until the latest update was applied and now battery doesn't even last 12 hours before it's flat, it's got to be related and as you say it's ironic that the update was supposed to resolve a battery drain issue!

0 Likes
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

@Anonymous User@the_chupa55

Hi,

Have you followed steps especially around un-install and re-install of Wear App and factory reset of the Gear? I can say mine has returned after the re-install and re-boot. Now back to 3 days.

Regards

J

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Gear 2, had no issues until the latest update was applied and now battery doesn't even last 12 hours before it's flat, it's got to be related and as you say it's ironic that the update was supposed to resolve a battery drain issue!

0 Likes