Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 19-10-2018 07:25 AM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
nlangdal
Student
Options

Update :

Yesterday I disabled the diagnostic feature and went to sleep with 95% battery. Its still at 90% now. So this feature may actually be the problem. 

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

Seems turning off setup/ about gear/ reporting usage diagnostics worked for me too.

***singing halleluja***

12% drain over 12 hours, which I think is good... Any official announcement by Samsung about it?

Screenshot_20181019-062830_Gear S Plugin.jpg

0 Likes
ilcava
Journeyman
Options

Disable "reporting usage diagnostics" workaround worked for me too.

Though I hope Samsung resolve this problem soon.

0 Likes
Aakaash
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Would try the fix recommended by Samsung and confirm tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Gary101
Apprentice
Options

Me too, I'm still at 85%. So the temp fix solves the problem till Samsung pushes out an update fix. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Mine is all fine this morning. Let's keep everything crossed 

palokalo
Student
Options

For me worked too and for sure i have downloaded and installed newest version of gear s plugin from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18101561... (unreleased on google play store) and look of galaxy wearable app was changed lot.

0 Likes
MartijnH
Journeyman
Options

I thought I did something wrong.. battery drains in a couple of hours since 2 days. Removed unused apps but still the same. This morning woke up after charging all night so 100%. Now, one hour later 93% !! 

Disabled diagnostic. Hope this helps. Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
JohnD1
Apprentice
Options

Yay! Turned off diagnostics and used 5% battery overnight instead of 100%. Why haven't Samsung clearly announced this to everyone contacting them about the problem? Surely they must be seeing something with the diagnostic reports they are getting from people's watches? Has the system been hacked and they don't want to admit it? It seems something strange going on with Samsung.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I have put the diagnostics solution on Twitter and have also sent Samsung help UK via Twitter a message asking them to let people know. 

Hopefully they might 🤷🏻‍♀️