Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 06:43 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
West100
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. It started a few days ago.
0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@MikeWaves wrote:

All - here is the response that i just received via US Customer Service via twitter:

To increase the battery life on the Gear after the update please follow the steps below ↓ •On the Gear tap on setting; •Tap on Gear info. •Tap Report diagnostic and usage info (Disable this feature) Test the watch for a few days to see how the battery works.

Cool, will try that! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Carbon337
Journeyman
Options
Fingers crossed. Actually looking forward to going to bed 😄😃🤣
moneywoman4
Apprentice
Options

How do you do the backup? I can find where you can do a restore but I can't find where to do just the backup?

0 Likes
Darizpe98
First Poster
Options

It would be on your phone in the samsung wearables app. There will be an option to back up gear

0 Likes
moneywoman4
Apprentice
Options

Found it. It is under About Gear. I will give it a try as my husband and I both have the Gear Sport and this is very frustrating!

nlangdal
Student
Options

One more reporting in. My watch have been draining overnight the last 2-3 nights. 

eddiebut
First Poster
Options

I reset and DIDNT update any apps or software.... so far so good..... only installed a Watchface..... seems to be back to good for last 4 hours.... so one of the apps is faulty.... I may try and install one by one to see which one.... latest one is the weather app? could it be problem

0 Likes
Bin_Laggin
First Poster
Options

Just reporting in to say that I have also been having this problem, starting earlier this week. very frustrating as the battery life is one thing that I praised to my friends and co-workers as one of the more impressive things about the product

Rusty2
Explorer
Options
Spoiler

I just sent this to PC Magazine ~ turning over all the leaves I can ~ 

Hi Im turning to you again ,  the  Samsung Gear Sport watch has had over 175   comments  in the  Samsung  site  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/bd-p/uk-mobile       regarding  battery drainage over the last week~ it appears to be a software issue as it strarted after the last update ~~  numerous  calls , =Smart Tutor intervention and  tech  support have done  nothing ~~ no problems found ~~   it is ongoing and  draining  from 100% at 4:30 am to  43 %  by 7:30 am.  CAn you read some of these comments ???  we need help ~ Samsung  says  send it to them,  but  that will leave us  with  no watch and for myself, I a am deaf and need this on my wrist for communication and alerts , not on the charger ~~  .  I have had this 9 months. it is  under warranty  but  again I'll have no  watch.      I wonder if they were  hacked ~since the battery drain seems to be  "synchronized "  the  ~ the Wearable Gear software, or S Health ~( I will uninstall and reinstalled that this afternoon~~ and not allow it to "update'  if that's  possible ~~  Have a great day ~