Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 01:34 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all.

Has anyone experiencing this been able to send some error reports with log files to the software team via the Members app?

Will give it a try when I get back home. Definitely a good idea :smiling-face: Thanks!

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

- Look on the bright side, while the watch is out of battery you dont have to worry about the faulty HR tracking, steps, sleep and steps, not forgetting Bixby:face-with-rolling-eyes:

At present it doesnt seem to be affecting the Galaxy Watch (well not the battery issue anyway) but I have just replaced my Galaxy S8 phone which has exact same symptoms as your Gear Watches, literally just replaced. 100% --> 0% while alseep

Cool... Because my plan is to bring back the Gear sport and ask for a Samsung Watch (of course paying the price difference)

0 Likes
phk
Navigator
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all.

Has anyone experiencing this been able to send some error reports with log files to the software team via the Members app?

I have done, they normally take ages to reply with not very helpful suggestions in poor English, so I'm not hopeful.

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

@AntS - how do we send these logs? As in,where do we catch the data from? For those of us not that techy minded 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Billy12
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday I posted that I was having the same problem for two days.

Through Live Chat with Samsung, they had me do factory reset.

Last night I fully charged the battery to 100% before bed.

This morning I awoke and the battery was at 18%.

This morning on Live Chat, they said I could send it in to them. 

I declined to send it in.

They moved me to Phone Support, giving me a new ticket number.

I've not called Phone Support. Maybe later today. I say maybe, because it sounds like the only solution they'll suggest if for me to send the watch to them, and I'm not really inclined to do that.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Just to add: I've also escalated this issue to my software team colleagues; and me or one of the other Mods will post any advice/updates on this one from them.

@Celiawheelia: There's a link in my post above to a guide on how to send logs through the Members app for Gear Watches.

Donna1800
Journeyman
Options

I am currently on the phone to Samsung support. they will not acknowledge that there is a software issue. They are trying to arrange for a replacement which isn't acceptable since i would be left without a watch for 5 days. they are only offering this because i purchased the watch last week. i have found the "support" i have received to be totally unacceptable and i'm now thinking perhaps Apple are the superior product

Thunder30
First Poster
Options

My watch has been doing the same thing and this started happening two days ago. I've had mine for about eight months now and up till two days ago was working fine. I wonder what's happening that is making this happen? Does samsung have a battery replacement program? 

Jyothi
Apprentice
Options

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue with my gear sport. I have been experiencing this since last week. My battery drains out completely when wake up in the morning. This happens even when it is completely charged the other night. It kind of frustrats me. I will never buy any samsung product. It is a planned obsolescence. If this isn't fixed Samsung might loose many loyal customers. 

Donna1800
Journeyman
Options

@AntS does this mean that Samsung is actually acknowledging there is a problem? as the customer support person i have been speaking with has no idea and is insisting i return the watch to receive a replacement