Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 06:45 AM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
DawnK
Journeyman
Options

So I did the reset and woke up this morning with no battery completely dead. I went to bed at 9.30pm with 100% charge. Woke up at 5.30am nothing. So the factory reset didnt fo anything.

Still dont understand why it is only overnight, I managed to charge it a little yesterday morning before work, got 45% that only went down to 20% over the entire 9 hour day, I was out for.

Gearsport
First Poster
Options

My Gear Sport started doing this same thing 2 nights ago. I factory reset and it seems to he working for now, but I'm afraid to update anything because I've read elsewhere that this is a software issue caused by specific app updates like the weather app. I have no idea what to do, but really hope it gets fixed. The Spotify app is garbage too. It won't allow me to play my downloaded playlists when going for a run. Have to keep uninstalling and re-download my playlists to get it to work so I gave up and bought an armband for my phone. The watch has been a big disappointment. 

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I did a reboot yesterday and charged my watch before bed to 100%

Woke up at 00.30 and it was already at 60%! 2 hours 40% 🤷🏻‍♀️ Yesterday day it used less than that for 15 hours. 

Switched it on when I woke up but it was totally dead. Once it had a bit of charge I switched it on so I could see what app etc had used what.......

Screenshot_20181018-060947_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Now I'm more confused than before. I was convinced it was the s.health app. 

Someone else mentioned the weather app, which I did update a couple of days before this started happening.

Am going to take to Twitter today

0 Likes
GiSS
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem here. Today it only drained 20%, laid down and within an hour it was another 20% down. Something is draining it fast, but only at certain times.

originalpmf
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20181017-192816_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Screenshot_20181017-230252_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-063653_Gear S Plugin.jpg

So yesterday I did the back up (didn't restore) and a much much better over night performance. We will see what today brings and another night cycle 

y23
First Poster
Options

Same for me

ilcava
Journeyman
Options

Same me and my brother with 2 different Gear (Febbrary 2018 and May 2018).

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I have tweeted Samsung help UK. Not holding my breath. Informed them of this thread. 

Have also backed up and rebooted but not restored. 

See where we are again tomorrow 

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
Tugrul
First Poster
Options

Happening to me since last 3 nights as well. Watch is totally useless now. My Samsung galaxy S9+ also drains around 30% battery at night all of a sudden. Not sure if this two are related.