Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 17-10-2018 09:25 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
JREwing2
Student
Options
Just got off chat with Samsung. They told us to send both Gear Sports in. Got the shipping labels and off they go to Samsung.
We will see what happens. I still think there is nothing wrong with the watches. I think it's a software fix they can do.
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I agree, if it were one or two people then just maybe, it's hardware. 

But so so many people across, UK, US and Malaysia that I have seen are reporting this.

Mine only drains at night. Today has been 37% battery used over 15 hours. Pretry good tbh.

Am going to fully charge it so it's at 100% When I go to bed. 

See if the back up and reset have made any difference. 

Not holding my breath but watch this space. 

Carbon337
Journeyman
Options

Another one here. Been ok for a while however I find the HR terrible over any medium intensity activity. Last few days it's been destroying the battery over night. I wore it before bed at 22:09 and it was 100% then this morning it was dead by 7am.

I'm hoping Argos will do a return and I can buy a Garmin fenix that I should have bought in the first palace.

Jcat313
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same, whether to bed with 94% battery. Shut down shortly after waking up. Past 3 nights in a row....

ashye2001
First Poster
Options

Same thing happening here. I got my watch 2 weeks ago. It has had an awesome battery life, which I have loved until 2 nights ago. Both nights it has been at a 100% at 9 pm and completely dead when I wake at 4:30 am. Sounds like this is not just an issue with my watch, which is reassuring but frustrating as I can't wear it! 

Carbon337
Journeyman
Options

Interesting, I've just checked battery using the gear wearables app and it says that stopwatch app has used 21% of battery in last 10hrs. Not sure about the time there as it's been flat since 7am when I went to work.

Is anyone else using this app? I only installed it on Monday and since then is when I had issues.

ned7077
Explorer
Options

Mine is showing 59% usage from Samsung health and I have 88% battery life remaining which it thinks is 1 day 23 hours.

I'm going to have to pull an all nighter to keep my watch on. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Emma87
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Any ideas about how to fix it?

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...
Carbon337 you need to read this feed re:heart rate tracking. If you can still exchange it for something else, do it! I wish I had never bought mine but I have had it too long to exchange it.
0 Likes
Carbon337
Journeyman
Options
It's been about 4 months. Not sure I can exchange at shop. I'd have to see what they say. I work around it with the sporty app watch face and connect to a wahoo tickr he strap
0 Likes