Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 frontier charging issues

(Topic created on: 25-07-2018 01:53 AM)
Nj3
First Poster
Options

Paid £359 after 5 months suddenly stopped charging to 100 % eventually would only charge to 97%. Sent off to Samsung 8 days later sent back now will not charge past 92% and says will take 1hr 45 mins to charge to full having been on charge for 6 hrs. They will not give me refund or replacement. They clearly did NOT test it at all at the repair centre it has come back WORSE than before. All they will do is take it back so another inconpetent engineer can not do his job properly. SAMSUNG CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS....The S3 was not cheap and they don' care. Be warned go for a different make.

12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thats not good @Nj3

Have you tried another charging dock and charging cable  ?

Have you tried factory resetting your watch. 

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre  ?

Samsung Service Centre.

Also the Consumer Rights Act 2015 might be helpful in regards to repairs and issues. 

Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Who should you claim against?  

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer.  

"If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you  have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

NJB236
Student
Options

Many thanks I did try two different chargers with same result but will try sending it to service centre again! If not I will follow your advice and go back to retailer.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NJB236

Personally id be approaching the Retailer now. 

Youve allowed one repair which has failed. 

If they try directing you to Samsung then use the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that ive mentioned earlier. 

Options such as Citizens Advice and Trading Standards are there to help. 

If you paid by Credit Card then that company may have some support for you too. 

0 Likes
NJB236
Student
Options

Thanks for the excellent advice will do.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No problem. 

Best of luck with this situation. 

0 Likes
Muminn
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem it's been ok charge almost all day and still hasn't reached 100% I'm going to ring the retailers and see what they going to do about it. 

0 Likes
Solution
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

Samsung has released an update that should fix this problem...

On your phone, go into the Gear App, Settings, About Gear, Update Gear Software, Download Updates Maunally.

REF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisPJ6ehCW0&t

AmardeepSinghG
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung

Even after the latest updates the issue is back the charging time is too long and the watch heats up soon despite low usage. Currently charging 0 to 100 takes 4+ hrs and for 30+ to 100% takes 2+ hours. 

Same us the issue with NOTE 8 phone by afternoon the battery discharges to 40% despite charging 100% by 10am 

Please solve the issue ASAP

0 Likes
AmardeepSinghG
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung

Even after the latest updates the issue is back the charging time is too long and the watch heats up soon despite low usage. Currently charging 0 to 100 takes 4+ hrs and for 30+ to 100% takes 2+ hours. 

Same us the issue with NOTE 8 phone by afternoon the battery discharges to 40% despite charging 100% by 10am 

Please solve the issue ASAP

0 Likes