Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear fit 2 sync issues

(Topic created on: 25-04-2019 03:38 PM)
cjrapps
Student
Options

I have had a Gear fit 2 for over a year and connecting to my Samsung Galaxy S8. Up until 7 - 10 days ago everything worked great. I received text messages on my Gear Fit, alarm notifications, email alerts, etc. Everything synced correctly. Then suddenly my step count is continously off in Samsung Health. My Galaxy has had as many as 2000 steps more than my Gear Fit even though my Gear Fit was on the entire day.

And now for the past few days, the alarm notifications on my Gear Fit are off. For example, on my phone an alarm goes off at 8:00 a.m. with the choices to dismiss or snooze. It either doesn't show up on my Gear Fit until 8:01 or not until I have snoozed it or dismissed it on my phone and I have to dismiss or snooze on my Gear Fit. These used to go off simultaneously or within a second of each other.

I have reset the connection between the Gear Fit and phone by selecting to connect my Gear Fit to a new phone which reset all my settings. I have restarted both pieces. After restarting, it may sync once but not the next time. I have checked all settings. Did soemthing change in an update? Is my Gear broken?

2 REPLIES 2
L3SSLI3
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue, it also started a few days ago April 24th  2019. It's extremely frustrating and I'd like to see it fixed

@cjrapps wrote:

And now for the past few days, the alarm notifications on my Gear Fit are off. For example, on my phone an alarm goes off at 8:00 a.m. with the choices to dismiss or snooze. It either doesn't show up on my Gear Fit until 8:01 or not until I have snoozed it or dismissed it on my phone and I have to dismiss or snooze on my Gear Fit. These used to go off simultaneously or within a second of each other.

0 Likes
cjrapps
Student
Options

That is about the time frame mine started.  Seems there was an update on my phone but I wouldnt think that would affect the Gear fit.   I did delete all cache from all three files GearFut plugin,  Samsung Wearables and Samsung devices or something close to those names.  Seemed to work with my wake up alarm this morning but then on another later it didn't.

0 Likes