Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear fit 2 automatic workout detection ? GPS ?

(Topic created on: 06-01-2017 06:13 PM)
Albiona
Apprentice
Options

So, does workout detection work properly? I have walk/run on and dynamic workout on. It doesnt realy trigger. Tried while walking my dog and nothing ... Was thinking about just leave it and try for bootcamp tonight. But have doubts it will work. Any ideas? 

As it goes for GPS, it doent track on hikes, seems to get an odd connection here and there, but not precise. From 7m walk it detected bout 2,7m. Ofc calories and all was way off. On walks or runs, it eems to go more by steps, than real gps. cu when i look at the map, it has loads of traight lines and thats it. Sort off from points it did work. And thats with my phone with me. Detection of workouts and gps is dead on on phone, but band is really dissapointing. I had microsoft band 2 before and its gps locked in in 10 sec tops, all maps where perfect. So why gear fit is so rather useless? ONly bonus i see in it is that it works well with phone. other than that i am really dissapointed to go for gear 2 😞 and i am not ok to travel 50 + miles to get to a shop, when there doesnt seem to be any solution to it.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Albiona
Apprentice
Options

It seems, that calorie count on excercises is quite off ... Jeez, is this a fitness band or a watch, that shows calls and messages? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi Albiona! :robothappy:

Is the Gear Manager app on your phone up to date? 

0 Likes
Albiona
Apprentice
Options

yup, its all up to date. 

0 Likes
Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi if you go into the settings you  can do it through Google settings then location

or if you have a Samsung long press on location and the three dots in the top right and you'll find impove accuracy  you should find some  options like low power WiFi and Bluetooth scanning to improve location accuracy 

There is also a calibrate compass in Google maps as well were you are promoted to move your phone in a figure of 8 pattern in front of you 

If you can not find it, if you have your location switched on and in Google maps just try moving your phone in a figure of 8 

Or keep pressing the blue dot on your map screen and wait a few seconds and if it is optimised correctly it will show a pretty accurate reading of were you are and the direction your pointing then you know that it is at its best 

Tapping on the blue dot in general seems to improve accuracy as well

DRUID DOODE
Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
If you want to took at the maps on your Google fit 2
if you scroll screen to either walking running or hiking if you press on that and scroll to the bottom you will find view log and then you get a little map of your run or walk

DRUID DOODE