Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport blank screen

(Topic created on: 29-12-2017 01:16 PM)
Nig3l
Journeyman
Options

Hi I am having an Issue where my gear sports screen goes blank and becomes unresponsive. The watch is still on because if you touch either button it gives the normal feedback vibration. The only way to date I have found of getting it back on line is by hard rebooting it by holding down both buttons. Any help greatly appreciated merry Xmas and a happy New Year.

20 REPLIES 20
Chilli
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution? 

Mygear sport is exhibiting the same sort of behaviour. On my last two runs the screen has gone blank and unresponsive preventing me from finishing my workout properly. In fairness cream t does recover but I have to leave it for a couple ok for minutes

0 Likes
Nig3l
Journeyman
Options

At this juncture no, I have put in a request direct to Samsunbg to replace the watch! As I now ebeliev it is an issue with the telemetary within it. Since posting I have now foudn it will auto pause ven if I am in teh middle of a run and unlike my dearly loved S3 frontier there does not seem a way of switching off the auto pause function...

I will keep you posted what happens with Samsung head office!

0 Likes
Aspinaj
First Poster
Options

Hi - just had the same issue crop up on my Gear Sport this afternoon. I wasn't even doing any kind of activity, and when I next checked my watch mid afternoon the screen was dark and would not switch on. As you mention, I can the feedback when I press either of the buttons, but I cannot get the screen to display anything... very disappointing :smileymad: . Will report to Samsung but if anyone does find a fix or hear from them first please let me know! 

Cheers

0 Likes
Nig3l
Journeyman
Options

My gear sport has been back to be repaired now twice and it's just broken again, so it's going back again. I do not think samsung have a solution to this I have a s3 frontier which is brilliant and has never failed. I only bought the sport as I run in all weather's. My advice is get onto samsung immediately they need to recognise the problem and find a proper fix, their cisromer support is A*****

0 Likes
Aspinaj
First Poster
Options

Third time! Oh ndear.. Yes I have just sent them a message so will see what they say. Shame as it's a nice watch but if this is a recurring issue then I won't have the patience to keep sending it back all the time.

I'm not having much luck with watches at the moment as my Garmin died on my a few weeks ago. Luckily I've just got that back! :smileylol:

0 Likes
Nig3l
Journeyman
Options

S3 frontier is brilliant can't recommend it enough but it's not waterproof 

0 Likes
Chilli
First Poster
Options

I've had to give up on the gear sport.

This issue combined with the heart rate sensor not working has rendered the watch useless as a fitness device. I've had Samsung attempt to repair it (and fail). I'm now trying to get a refund via my credit card company as Samsung won't accept a return.

0 Likes
Jenastar
First Poster
Options

I just experienced the black screen. Did the hard reboot and that got it to work. 

In the past I have experienced short period of unresponsiveness but never like this. This sucks . Samsung needs to fix it.

0 Likes
l382
First Poster
Options

Hi, after my third run and blank screen I deselected all auto-detect functions, this seems to fix the problem.

0 Likes