Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 22-10-2018 09:41 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

I had an update a few days ago - mine is on R800XXU1BRH3 and HR working fine during exercising. Only drops outs i ever see are if i go over a relativly bad patch of road in which cases it either resets the HR itself when back on better surface within 30secs or so or simply manually pressing the pause button on and off seems to kick it back into action.

The update said "better s-health experience" in the whats new bit.

0 Likes
ned7077
Explorer
Options

On the US forum a Samsung moderator replied that there is a software fix in the works:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate-When-Exercising...

They also suggested turning off specific activity detection and restarting the device which at least for me never helped.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

So a bit out of left field.......

Hows everyones watches behaving at night? 

For the last 2 nights, (15th 16th oct) my watch has drained from 70-80% to dead, totally dead, within 4 hours. 

Battery is behaving normally during the day. Fully charged this morning at 3am (?) after I woke and found it dead, was fully charged at 6.15am. 5 hours later, watch is only at 93%. So functioning normally during the day. 

I can only think its the sleep tracking part of s.health causing the issue. 

I have had no software updates and nothing new or changed. 

I have my watch on do no disturb overnight so I dont receive notifications. 

I have started another thread, at 7am this morning, and it has already had numerous responses. The US branch of samsung community is also full of similar complaints. 

If you are on here and are having this issue too, please can you add to the new thead....... 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-sport-Battery-draining-at-nig...

Many thanks 

ned7077
Explorer
Options

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

It seems to be quite a prolific problem. 

Thanks for getting involved. Whatever good it does 

Chupat
Journeyman
Options

Samsung is stalling and giving one fluffy solution after another. Either you should restart your watch every day or turning autopuls on, or turning it on or whatever stupid suggestion they hallucinate as a possible solution. My very simple conclusion of this is that Samsung don't give a ***** about us users. I gave up a couple of monts ago, returned the watch and bought a professional watch from a professional company (Garmin) instead. Since then I haven't had a single problem.

So everyone in this forum. It's no use trying to get Samsung to fix this. They don't have the incitament for it since this market is to small for them and the money in it isn't large enough.

My advise is to abandone Samung watches completely and while your'e at it, abandone Samsung completely.

seballos
Journeyman
Options

I tested the watch for 29 days and decided to return it. Got myself a discounted Garmin Fenix 5 and it's "galaxies" in front of Galaxy Watch in terms of fitness tracking. 

0 Likes
JohanVanV
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,

Loos of Heart-rate detection by my Gear Sport happens to me too, but only during cycling exercises (on the road)
tracey5
First Poster
Options

I also find fitness tracking with gear 3 useless. i monitor cycling for my 8.5km ride to work and it stops recoding after 20minutes. doesn't bother to vibrate nothing, nada, ceases monitoring. its been doin it for a while. Tried reloading samsung helth app. tried setting it up for coaching every 5 minutes. still cant get it to monitor the whole trip. gps shouldn't be a problem as it always finds my location and i only ride around town. waste of money? or has someone out there got the thing to work?

0 Likes
b16bb16b
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem I have the heart rate always counting never have stop but when start or recognise a walk most of the time does not count heart rate

0 Likes