Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 20-08-2018 10:11 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Yep I agree. Did suggest it before as I had very good results in Twitter when I had issues with my fitbit. Not that I had a resolution but at least I got a response  

0 Likes
femappa
Student
Options

I am not getting any heart beat measures and step/floor counts since JANUARY. I am never buying Samsung ever again, not even the phone. I regret even trying to fix it and wasting my time and money on this. Thanks for nothing Samsung.

Andrezao
Explorer
Options

Agree this is the worse purchase that I've done in my life, sincerely absurd , trash.

alphanash
First Poster
Options

I bought the Gear Sport two months ago and noticed within a few weeks that it's not automatically tracking heartrate whenever I go for simple walks. I saw this thread and called Samsung support, who seemed surprised this was even happening. They claimed not to know about this thread and offered a replacement. This was a huge warning bell for me so I returned the watch within the 30 day return period.

It seems I dodged a bullet here. Good job, Samsung...

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi alphanash,

That's exactly the problem, their solution is to offer a replacement which does jack all because it's a software issue. The replacement device has the exact same software on it so nothing is fixed.

Good to hear you managed to get out early. Lots of us have been stuck with this problem since day one and Samsung have yet to do anything about it. I suppose it was over ambitious of us to think a company as large as Samsung would want to fix a problem which affects multiple devices *facepalm.

Speaking of facepalm we're now coming up to 9 months with the problem without Samsung acknowledging the problem exists let alone even saying they are trying to fix it.

Worst customer service ever... The Trustpilot reviews reflect this. Absolute joke.

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

Guys, I think I will give up and put my gear sport for sale, I can not stand this neglect anymore.

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

Hei, here in Brazil I was informed that Samsung health will go to 6.0. Did you see that?

Screenshot_20180824-222203_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

What do you think, will it correct the problem?

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Wouldn't that be nice! I'm not holding my breath but as I can't afford to sell my watch and buy another,I've become resigned to the situation. 

🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

The HR problem is caused by the Samsung health app on the watch not the app on the phone.

The app on the watch is directly responsible for logging the HR readings. That is why you still get the problem even if the watch is not connected with the phone at the time of recording the workout.

The only problem i am aware of that Samsung health version 6 is meant to resolve is the Strava sync issue (another thread).

But yes I live in the UK and have not received the update yet (it was meant to be yesterday).

0 Likes