Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport GPS Issues Samsung Health and Strava

(Topic created on: 05-02-2019 05:51 AM)
Haddrico8p
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung Gear Sport and I find sometimes when I go running using Samsung Health the GPS doesn't start until 1-2km into my run. I also link my Samsung Health with Strava and find the data doesn't match. If I run 10km with Samsung Health it only logs 8km with Strava. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
miglozoya
Apprentice
Options

Yep, same here. Must be the calculation algorithm or s/t. Anyways, pls don't ask me about running with Gear S3 because I have a terrible experience, juts look at previous posts.

Regards,

0 Likes
ken6
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, all the blogs on how to rectify are bogus, even when you put the location off battery saving mode it didn't even pick me up until 3km in, feel like throwing this watch in the river to relieve frustration. 

0 Likes
Dave180
First Poster
Options

I always find if you go into the workout screen where you can set a workout target or press start running it starts to pick up your location for beginning your workout. It vibrates and says location detected. Then I press start running and it picks me up from the start quite accurately.

0 Likes
ken6
First Poster
Options

I wish it was that simple Dave. :winking-face:

0 Likes
briscot
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

Although, I must say everything was working perfectly for the let's say first 6 to 8 months; I ended up experiencing exactly the same issue. I sent the watch 3 times back to Samsung for fixing. Finally, the watch is able to locate my position much faster from the beginning; but unfortunately when I transfer my recordings to Samsung Health, I am not able to see any GPS data. I do not see the map anymore.

I must indeed say that I would really like to have my money back. I even indicated it in the repair form for the last unsuccessful fix. Samsung rather changed many items in that watch but never succeeded to solve the issue.

For the information: I am using a Galaxy S8+ as a phone. 

Any help is welcome.

Thank you,

Briscot.

0 Likes
Colin15
Apprentice
Options

Gear S3 measures walking my course as 3.1 miles.  This is correct and measured by various other devices.  When I run the same route it measures 3.7 miles.  This makes the stats on Samsung Health incorrect eg minutes per mile.  My Samsung S7 does exactly the same.  I have downloaded Strava and that behaves perfectly. 3.1 miles it is!  I suspect a Samsung Health app problem.

0 Likes
Umgoel
First Poster
Options

hey, it works perfectly if you turn off bluetooth on your phone and let the watch use its own gps 

0 Likes