Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Heart Rate Tracking Inaccurate During Exercise

(Topic created on: 03-10-2017 05:33 PM)
newmancp
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Is anyone else having any issues with their heart rate tracking during exercise?

Mine is reading way to low most of the time (compared with a chest strap monitor linked to a Garmin watch) during exercise when using the cycling track.

Doing a one off check when not using the workout bit it seems to read fine.

Cheers,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
lokeytgh
First Poster
Options

Mine seems to be off too, It was not until the other day after I did the update on the phone. I don't really know what is going on. Mine is high I was doing a medium walk and it says my heart rate was at 185.

0 Likes
Davebelton
First Poster
Options

Selected measure on my s3 frontier and it reads 88 bpm when hanging in the air ie dangling it by strap 

0 Likes
alexenus
First Poster
Options

Mine Gear S 3 can show 170bpm continuously when I am sitting at my desk. When I measure with my Galaxy S9+ I have at most 80bpm. I have never had such ridiculous inconsistency with my Fitbit. Thinking to return Gear S3.

0 Likes
TahaKhan88
First Poster
Options
This was posted last year. Seems like Samsung doesnt give a ***** about their customers lol. new note8 wouldnt mirror on 7 series smart TV, Phone keeps opening random apps upon unlocking and my Gear S3 would show 88 bpm while my phone and elyptical Machine is right now showing 170 bpm. i was stupid enough to buy Samsung washing Machine, Microwave, Air conditioner, Mobile, TV and Watch! 4000USD down the drain. Thank you Samsung :smiling-face:
0 Likes
SamWalker
First Poster
Options
Mine just doesn't work when i need it to. I received the error message saying the sensor needs cleaning. Even when ive just cleaned it. Very annoying
0 Likes
Yawuru-Wanderer
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue right now. I too am a massive Samsung brand owner however the more products I buy the worse i find the issues. My watch is a FINE example of how inaccurate it is and then I buy a "compatible" Chest heart rate strap only to find out it only records the heart rate it doenst sync with my Samsung Health. I was about to buy the new Samsung Note10+ next week but I think ill just wait for the Google Pixel 4xl now. Reading all these issues with the Samsung watches and no urgency to fix them is sad. 

Samsung watch = Good for sitting at a desk, Not workouts

0 Likes
Members_dloJf5b
First Poster
Options

Samsung are probably trying to get all us dinosaur S3 lovers to upgrade so the update will set the watch to give false readings and we'll get fed up and buy the latest version 😞

0 Likes