Support

Open search

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

Observer
Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer
Observer

@sorin76 wrote:
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok

Not sure but i read on one of the screen that they consider some every 10 feet as 1 floor climb. Maybe that could have triggered floor count post you disabled alti-barometer

Apprentice

If you wish to get rid of your Sensor issue and Battery issue then simply rate 1 star on play store within a week they themselves will solve the issue. Just do it 

Apprentice

@jaskirat8 wrote:

@sorin76 wrote:
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok

initially from the wrongly counted floors I suspected the error in the altimeter-barometer app, I uninstalled it, and still climb up the floors without taking a step....

Explorer
That's what I wrote... Samsung needs to review the full Firmware... this is a mess
Apprentice

I charged the watch up to 100% about 4pm, went to bed about 11pm Gear was on 91%, woke up at 6am  with low battery warrning approx 4% apps using most power showing as health app 14%  and notifications 21% . In to work by 7am charged again to 100% .Its now 2.30 pm so now been on for nearly 5 hours and battery level 90%.

Only things diferent between day and night is do not disturb schedule comes on at 11pm and off at 5.30 and I was asleep.

Looks like we need to keep moving in our sleep to charge the battery :-)

Does this mirror anyone else ?

Apprentice

Screenshot_20181018-161537_Gear S Plugin.jpgWhat drains!Screenshot_20181018-161620_Gear S Plugin.jpg9 Notifications enabled

Mine eats battery like thursty vampire, ~15 hours and then dead, issue appeared suddenly  two days ago!

Apprentice

I had a battery life of almost 3 days prior to the update - now I am lucky if I get 6 hours without the watch dying. I am using the stock watch face, no extra apps, and barely use the watch except for checking text messages. I got the watch less than a year ago and have had issues with both the updates samsung pushed. I contacted support ..... still waiting for a response

Apprentice

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

Explorer

@UrsusKnut wrote:

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

I only disabled the automatic workout detection and currently is working fine

Top Liked Authors