Support

Open search

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

Apprentice

Thanks darius18. Much appreciated.

The auto software update feature on the watch is not picking up that a new version is available.

Samsung told me I will need to go to one of their repair centres to get it manually installed. 

Also noticed from another recent post that Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.18121461 is supposed to significantly improve battery life.

Can someone verify whether this has worked for them?

First Poster

@cephalon wrote:

Hi BandOfBrothers

Thanks for your input.

I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.

I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".

I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days  of battery life again...

@cephalon wrote:

Hi BandOfBrothers

Thanks for your input.

I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.

I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".

I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days  of battery life again...

Top Liked Authors