Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 07:28 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

@catsuk wrote:

@Alexpc73 wrote:

@UrsusKnut wrote:

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

I only disabled the automatic workout detection and currently is working fine

can you describe how you turned that off please ?

it's in the settings for the Samsung Health App. You will need to turn off Bluetooth in order to change the setting to disabled.

detect.jpg

0 Likes
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

@catsuk wrote:

@Alexpc73 wrote:

@UrsusKnut wrote:

Hi...

Exactly this happened to me today, when i went to sleep it had 90% of battery... Suddenly in the morning when i was getting ready to work *beep beep beep* low battery chime... It have reached 15% just in one night...

I checked out the battery consumption, 13% notifications - 13% samsung health and everything else was bellow 2%

I just googled up this issue thinking it was just a mere coincidence but now I see its not...

Just to let you know guys, i have less than 3 months with this new S3 Frontier and this is a warranty change for battery issues.

Im going to reset the watch and disable all the Shealth features, GPS stuff, barometer and that stuff... Wish me luck

I only disabled the automatic workout detection and currently is working fine

It's in the settings for the Samsung Health App. You need to turn off Bluetooth before you can change the setting.

detect.jpg

0 Likes
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

@nyespo77 wrote:

I did the factory reset and removed the barometer - no luck. I still get a whopping 6 hours of battery life

Disable Automatic Workouts in the Samsung Health App - you will need to turn off Bluetooth to change the setting.

detect.jpg

0 Likes
PlanetUSA
Journeyman
Options

@UrsusKnut I wish it was that easy.

Shutting that off doesn't fix the problem.
Oh, I could shut everything off and it will help, but what's the point of ending up with a watch that simply tells the time by shutting this and that off?
That's not the way a smart watch is supposed to function.
Tweaking this and shutting off that on a watch that's supposed to be a SMART watch is fine, but when you get to the point of turning it into a DUMB watch, them there's obviously something wrong.

Common denominator is the latest firmware/software update.

@You wrote:

@catsuk wrote:

@Alexpc73

Check the settings the location stuff or something like that (i dont remember) there you can select between none, only wify and wifi & gps.

For the barimeter and altimeter its just uninstall the app... To be honest guys, thats a really cool feature but almost nobody uses it... I have the alert for the air pressure but it never beeps or nuzzles or whatever it have to do...

Oh yeah, try to use the default faces... they are not that useful or pretty like the others on the store but that could help too... Im doing my tests... Soon as i get some news I will post them.

0 Likes
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

Disable Automatic Workouts in the Samsung Health App. You will need to disable Bluetooth first. The most recent update to the Samsung Health App is the culprit. I'm sure they will fix it as soon as they figure it out - in the meantime just start your workouts manually.

detect.jpg

ShadowMak3r
Student
Options

Hi Everyone...

PhoneArena publish this 3 hours ago

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-gear-s3-battery-drain-update_id110136

ECE1974
Apprentice
Options

This is so not true, My watch was 100% perfect, getting roughly 38 to 40 hrs of battery life, now it wont even last a full day. This is NOT a user issue, this is a SAMSUNG issue. Very dissapointed!!

0 Likes
nyespo77
Apprentice
Options
"Unfortunately all we know is that the development team has said it will be fixed in a future update and we cannot speculate on when future updates will be released. I’m sorry we cannot offer more."

So basically we all have $300 paper weights?
Otrov31
First Poster
Options

Can we go back to 3.0.1? Please

0 Likes
REO1
Explorer
Options

Has samsung provided a solution for this??

0 Likes