Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 11-07-2018 02:54 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @cephalon

I'm on the same firmware as you on my watch. 

I still go around 3 days between charges but battery life is a subjective one. 

I turn my watch off overnight. 

I will have different preferences in my settings to you and different apps and watch face etc. 

I'm more than happy to share any of these to you if you wish. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi BandOfBrothers

Thanks for your input.

I read some posts on this forum suggesting that the drain could be caused by different watch faces...I deleted some of the recent installed watch faces.

I also disabled "About Gear" -> "Open source-license" -> "Report diagnosis and user info".

I can see that the battery drain is substantial less than before - most likely I will have approx 3 days  of battery life again...

Chrisjuh
Apprentice
Options

I have the same OS version, and since last week i've also experienced some problems with my battery.  Form one day to anothe my batterylife chaned from 3 to 1 day without changing or downloading software. My updates go automaticly so know the exact history of changed versions. 

beobe
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have exactly The same problem! Everything was ok on tizen 3.0.0.1 and now after the update to Tizen 3.0.0.2 my watch dropped on battery life span from 3/4 days down to barely 1 day! This is ridiculous Samsung, come on fix this please asap

beobe
Apprentice
Options

I fixed my issue by login to my Samsung account and accepting all the new terms and conditions. 👍

0 Likes
Fuddi
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem 😞

Did you login to your Samsung account and accept all the new terms and conditions... 🤔 

Can you tell me more about it?

Thanks.

Chrisjuh
Apprentice
Options

The watch is repared two times by Samsung, first only the battery was replaced, still not much better, so again to Samsung for repaires and this time the mainboard was replaced en some software updates.

Now it is working like before.

0 Likes
Chrisjuh
Apprentice
Options
Don't know what you are talking about.... please explain
0 Likes
USA-Florida
First Poster
Options

Same here... Samsung, please help.  Watch battery does not last a day with latest OS 3.0.0.2.  It used to last 3 days before!  Please help!